TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Increased range - software update?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by T3sla UK, Feb 7, 2017.

1. T3sla UK

T3sla UK Member

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has seen a range increase recently on the predicted miles?

I have a S70 and had about 90% SoC and when I left this morning that was 190 ish miles. The range left now says 240!!! Which I guess is great news but I'm still to identify if it's just reading the battery different or if its expecting a better KWh/mile efficiency. Anybody else seen this?

2. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

That's a significant difference, makes me think something updated and flipped to show ideal miles under the units menu.
    90% at 240 would be ~266 range, which would be more than what the 75D is rated for.