TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Increased vampire loss with updates?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by TR5642, Apr 13, 2017.

Tags:
?

Vampire losses observed overnight?

1. Near zero

10.0%
  2. 1%

50.0%
  3. 2%

20.0%
  4. 3%

10.0%
  5. 4% or more

10.0%
  1. TR5642

TR5642 Member

Is anyone else seeing a lot of vampire loss overnight with the recent updates?

I'm observing 2-3% loss overnight. This is in moderate temperatures (50s) with power saving ON, always connected ON, preconditioning OFF. 2+ KWh seems like a LOT of power to keep the cellular radio on and the computers on standby.

I saw this kind of behavior before but it had gotten better until a month or so ago.

2. msnow

msnow Active Member

~2% is normal.

3. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I see about 5 or 6% SOC loss (85 kWh pack) every 24 hours. That is more than double what I saw when the car was new, but it started getting high like this at least 1.5 to 2 years ago.

4. apacheguy

apacheguy S Sig #255

3-6 rated miles per 24 hours is normal for mine. All energy saving options checked.

5. widodh

widodh Model S 85kWh

I see this as well, but imho it is still very high. Way to high!

Car seems to go to sleep much less nowadays.

• Helpful x 1
  6. charansr

charansr Member

I see a noticeable increase in depletion! Anything you bring to the service centers attn is like talking to a wall.. hope they figure out the root cause!

• Helpful x 1
  7. kort677

kort677 Banned

revisiting this thread, I just returned from a trip and the car lost 8-10 mile per 24 hours while parked at the airport. I am not running anything that polls the cars, on 17.26.17. to me this level of loss is way too high and unacceptable.

8. Raven

Raven Member

Check your cabin overheat selection in settings. Depending on where you live, this can have a huge impact on losses while parked. After shutting mine off, I only lose ~2 miles in 24 hours, Arizona.

9. kort677

kort677 Banned

thanks, however my overheat is on off so that shouldn't be the issue

10. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Well-Known Member

Cabin overheat is the culprit in my case. I live in Arizona and can lose 13 miles in less than 24 hours while the car is garaged, if you can believe that. Turning it off reduces that to 5 miles or less.