Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Increasing Trade In Value?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Have any of you guys had luck in getting Tesla to increase your trade in value?
I was reading through the estimate provided and it says the estimate is based on "Good" condition. If your car is actually in excellent condition, who do you talk to to get it reevaluated?

"If your vehicle has any non-standard options or packages not represented in this quote, you will have the option to complete a self-inspection after placing an order."

You will never get excellent value unless you decide to trade it in to the same manufacturer for another one of the same Manufacturer.

Tesla sells your used car to Auctions. But I would go to CarMax, Tesla will price match.

Sell private party if you want the best return. You’ll be able to float a rental in between selling and delivery. You could also do a lower down payment, and then throw a chunk at it when you sell your current vehicle. Refi later if your payment is too high.

Reactions: KrenGrl
As a note, very few cars are in excellent condition. Usually things like tire wear, etc will take it out of that category. I was surprised that Tesla offered me good condition trade value outright, most dealers come in something under poor and you have to argue with them to get more.