Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Increasingly difficult not to harbor INTENSE resentment.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very often, peoples' decisions are driven by cost. If and when one of the car companies (Tesla or otherwise) comes out with a BEV that gets 250 miles of range per charge and is cheaper than a Camry (i.e., below $18,000) you will see widespread adoption of it almost overnight.

Very often, peoples' decisions are driven by cost. If and when one of the car companies (Tesla or otherwise) comes out with a BEV that gets 250 miles of range per charge and is cheaper than a Camry (i.e., below $18,000) you will see widespread adoption of it almost overnight.

With JB expecting Tesla's battery costs to be around $100/kWh by 2020, we're probably about 5 years out from electrics being price-competitive in all market segments. And you know if Tesla builds it then it will outperform an equivalent-priced gasser.

"Cheaper" needs to be tallied on a "¢/mile" basis, not purchase price. Unfortunately, most consumers are very bad at doing the math to compare something that's expensive to buy but cheap to operate, vs. cheap to buy but expense to operate.

"Cheaper" needs to be tallied on a "¢/mile" basis, not purchase price. Unfortunately, most consumers are very bad at doing the math to compare something that's expensive to buy but cheap to operate, vs. cheap to buy but expense to operate.
That's so true. Expensive to buy almost always works out cheaper (sometimes much cheaper) over the lifetime of the product.