Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Increasingly Frustrated with Oregon Supercharger Situation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try doing it in an SR+ or a Model X towing something...

Also, Teslafi doesn't log energy usage, it's an estimate based on distance traveled and best guesses of efficiency. You can actually go in and update the ratio factor that it uses. ABRP or another service would be a bit more accurate, especially in changing conditions like wind or rain.
Definitely why I specified that this is doable in a LR Model 3 :cool:

Interesting tip about Teslafi, was not aware of this. I see the option to edit the "kWh & Wh/m(km) Factor". Is this what you are talking about?

Definitely why I specified that this is doable in a LR Model 3 :cool:

Interesting tip about Teslafi, was not aware of this. I see the option to edit the "kWh & Wh/m(km) Factor". Is this what you are talking about?

Yep. I recently did a 140 mile trip and Teslafi reported ~380 wh/mi but the car reported about 305 wh/mi and ABRP reported about 320 wh/mi (the difference between the car and ABRP is because the car also counted some slow speed around town stuff).

Teslafi showed this...

137 miles driven
76% down to 19%

383 wh/mi and 52.47 kWh used

The two in bold match what the car showed during the drive.

The thing is, if yo do some math based on Teslafi the numbers don't make sense. 76% down to 19% would mean 57% was used and was 52.47 kWh.... that doesn't make sense. That would mean 1% of battery during this run represented ~0.92kWh. Extrapolate that back to 100% battery and that means I have a 92kWh battery on my 2020 Model Y Long Range... which isn't correct.

Teslafi support said I should drive for over 20 miles and input the offset based on what the car shows. That however won't account for weird cases like driving into the mountains, strong head wind, standing water on the road, etc. It's something that isn't updated dynamically so if your reference data that you add is based on 70F out and flat road, when you're driving up to the mountains in 25F weather, Teslafi will wildly be off compared to what the car actually shows.

ABRP I think actually pulls the data FROM the vehicle. At least total energy used or something and total miles driven and then calculates that. Not sure why Teslafi can't pull that (or doesn't), but ABRP was far more accurate (and accurately measured how much energy went back into the battery during a supercharger session).

I am quite aware I can change the charge limit. More dreaded because it’s April and we are seeing it. Bodes poorly for the summer. Been going there for a couple of years now and have not seen it before
Oh, you north-landers don't always get the 80% prompt each time you SuperCharge??? Huh... What's next, are there no hours-long lines at your SuperChargers???

#CaliforniaProblems

Speaking of Oregon Superchargers: I am planning a trip there this summer, but have not been able to find an UP TO DATE map of superchargers in the state, and by "map" I mean a desktop version I can vie on my laptop, not the one in the car.
Can anyone enlighten me which website may have it? (supercharge.info is not it. It does not have a searchable data base).
Thanks!

Speaking of Oregon Superchargers: I am planning a trip there this summer, but have not been able to find an UP TO DATE map of superchargers in the state, and by "map" I mean a desktop version I can vie on my laptop, not the one in the car.
Can anyone enlighten me which website may have it? (supercharge.info is not it. It does not have a searchable data base).
Thanks!
Supercharge.info also has a map feature.

PlugShare is also good.

Use Teslas find us map and uncheck everything except superchargers. On iOS there is a settings button. On a desktop/laptop browser the buttons are along the bottom of the map. Red are working, grey are coming soon...ish.

1619757113013.png

Thanks!
supercharge.info is definitely it.

Can anyone enlighten me which website may have it?
www.supercharge.info
(supercharge.info is not it.
supercharge.info is definitely it.
It does not have a searchable data base)
A map, which you requested, is not the same as a database. But as to a database, you mean this? This is a link to the data tab on their site.

Thanks!

Supercharge.info does have a database that you can filter by country and/or region, then sort by state. It also has a map where you can zoom in on whatever location you want and see what's open, under construction and permitted, with links to discussion threads here on TMC about each location. It is the most up-to-date listing of Superchargers in the world.

Map: supercharge.info
Table: supercharge.info