TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Incredible..Tesla just increased my preorder (sept) by over 1k

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by rtshefe, Oct 17, 2019.

1. rtshefe

rtshefe Member

I pre-ordered and had a purchase agreement based on the price the car sold for when I ordered it last month.
    I dont care about the wheels, I can buy my own wheels, I ordered a performance with silver wheels for 61990. I put my 2500 down on sept 29th
    Is this even legal?

• Informative x 1
  2. Duke9th

Duke9th Member

My price went up $1,250 with (M3P+FSD). Interesting the they can change their price after agreement.

• Informative x 1
  3. tfraley

tfraley Member

Kinda messed up if that is true.
    The fact they can change the price after an agreement.
    If that's the case what point does an agreement have?

4. KG2V

KG2V Member

I'd be talking with them by phone, and if not settled, I'd actually talk to a lawyer

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  5. FutureShock

FutureShock Member

May not be legal in some states, at least.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Mass lawsuits?

6. jjrandorin

jjrandorin Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums

So they sent you a new agreement with a new price, or are you going by the price increase shown online today?

7. EinSV

EinSV Active Member

Sounds like a glitch. I suspect they'll fix it shortly (or you can email them).

• Like x 1
  8. mreynolds767

mreynolds767 Member

I see the price increased but if you pre-ordered and already paid a deposit they should honor the price when you ordered.
    Have you touched base with your sales advisor about this?

• Like x 1
  9. OCR1

OCR1 Active Member

I have never seen Tesla raise the price on existing orders that were placed before the price increase. Let’s get some more information before reaching any conclusions.

• Like x 1
  10. jjrandorin

jjrandorin Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums

It appears that some people are seeing the increase in their accounts (per another thread here). I agree with you, that would be strange (and upsetting if I were in that situation).

I suspect that it will be corrected for those who placed previous orders, but I dont have an open order, so totally get where people would be upset until this is resolved with no additional charges for those who placed orders before the change.

• Like x 1
  11. mgregory176

mgregory176 New Member

Yup I just looked at my pending order and the cost rose by $1000. They added the new grey wheels but I placed my deposit on 10/4. Still no VIN. I p[laced a call to by sales rep ...now just waiting on a reply. frustrating to say the least.

12. azred

azred Active Member

The best way to solve an obvious glitch is to post your outrage on the Internet. Why work with the source of the glitch to fix it?:p

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 3
  13. Joe85sti

Joe85sti Member

Placed my white/black M3P with FSD order on 10/2. Original price was $63,190. My account details page now shows $64,190, but if I click on the order agreement, it still shows $63,190. I think this is just a glitch, and will be fixed.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  14. MagnusMako

MagnusMako Member

The agreement is binding so no it shouldn't be legal, but it should be an easy fix. Just talk to your SA.

15. boriszima

boriszima Member

I would not worry about those who already place an order as price was locked during that time. Tesla would have to be crazy to do that or sleazy. Since this is not the first price increase as before it only affects orders going forward.

16. Knightshade

Knightshade Well-Known Member

This.

The actual order agreement is the legal document, and appears to NOT have changed.

• Like x 1
  17. iaaaaan

iaaaaan Member

But do we get the gray wheels still tho... lol

18. rtshefe

rtshefe Member

Yes my order agreement still shows the old price..I hope this is just a glitch and they honor the price I agreed on when I ordered.
    I contacted my OA and he said he will put in an inquiry..

I cant imagine tesla would pull such a move but who knows.

im not concerned that much about which wheels I get..but I would prefer to not get the price raised on me after the order.

• Like x 1
  19. JanG007

JanG007 Member

Probably not but when the white colour got “Free” I was credited the amount for the colour....so ....

• Like x 1
  20. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2020.44.15

This happens every time there's a price change. Give them a few days and they will correct it. There's no reason to be concerned. If you already have a pending order, you are locked in at the old price book.

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 1