Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Incredible..Tesla just increased my preorder (sept) by over 1k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pre-ordered and had a purchase agreement based on the price the car sold for when I ordered it last month.
I dont care about the wheels, I can buy my own wheels, I ordered a performance with silver wheels for 61990. I put my 2500 down on sept 29th
Is this even legal?

• Informative
Reactions: DanCar
I pre-ordered and had a purchase agreement based on the price the car sold for when I ordered it last month.
I dont care about the wheels, I can buy my own wheels, I ordered a performance with silver wheels for 61990. I put my 2500 down on sept 29th
Is this even legal?
My price went up $1,250 with (M3P+FSD). Interesting the they can change their price after agreement.

• Informative
Reactions: DanCar
Is this even legal?

So they sent you a new agreement with a new price, or are you going by the price increase shown online today?

I have never seen Tesla raise the price on existing orders that were placed before the price increase. Let’s get some more information before reaching any conclusions.

It appears that some people are seeing the increase in their accounts (per another thread here). I agree with you, that would be strange (and upsetting if I were in that situation).

I suspect that it will be corrected for those who placed previous orders, but I dont have an open order, so totally get where people would be upset until this is resolved with no additional charges for those who placed orders before the change.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Yes my order agreement still shows the old price..I hope this is just a glitch and they honor the price I agreed on when I ordered.
I contacted my OA and he said he will put in an inquiry..

I cant imagine tesla would pull such a move but who knows.

im not concerned that much about which wheels I get..but I would prefer to not get the price raised on me after the order.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia