Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Incredibly fast delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dec 22 order. Received my VIN about 1100, Jan 13. Picked up my Fremont ModY in Tigard (Portland) 1100, Jan 17 (yesterday).

My text to Tesla: The QR sticker in my new front window says: MFG DATE: 01/13/23 --- is that the actual manufacturing date? hard to believe

From Tesla person: That is correct. Vehicle Birthday: Fri Jan 13 2:47:01 2023

If that is all true, that is simply amazing. 9 hours from manufacturing to sending VIN. Just over 4 days from manufacture to delivery including shipping from Fremont to Portland.

Meanwhile, back in dying auto manufacturer land, GM is taking months to deliver Lyriqs to dealers.

I had my order on hold because I wasn't ready to take delivery back in November. When I ordered my vehicle back in May, it was supposed to be delivered in March. They called in November and I told them I wasn't ready to take delivery. Fast forward to this past week with price changes, they reached out and said they dropped the price and updated my order to reflect. I released my order on 1/16 getting the vehicle on the 28th. That's fast. When I got my M3 I ordered on a Friday afternoon and picked up on Sunday. They can move cars quick.

Dec 22 order. Received my VIN about 1100, Jan 13. Picked up my Fremont ModY in Tigard (Portland) 1100, Jan 17 (yesterday).

My text to Tesla: The QR sticker in my new front window says: MFG DATE: 01/13/23 --- is that the actual manufacturing date? hard to believe

If that is all true, that is simply amazing. 9 hours from manufacturing to sending VIN. Just over 4 days from manufacture to delivery including shipping from Fremont to Portland.

Meanwhile, back in dying auto manufacturer land, GM is taking months to deliver Lyriqs to dealers.
just wondering how the new price cut affected you.. were you able to get the lower pricing?

just wondering how the new price cut affected you.. were you able to get the lower pricing?

They lowered the price in my existing order to the new numbers within about 24 hours of their announcement.

So, what a ride. First hoped to get $7.5K off last year but expected that to be unlikely given 12/22 order. But it's ok because I will get the Gov $7.5K in 2023 Q1. Then I won't get the gov $7.5K per IRS -- was considering whether to continue but stayed in. Then the giant price decrease and, mostly by luck, I have purchased at the best time of the last year and possibly for all of 2023 (i.e. gov $7.5K might change after Q1 2023). Whew.

So, I will get about $20.5K total reduction from what I had been expecting worst case. Very happy camper.

They lowered the price in my existing order to the new numbers within about 24 hours of their announcement.

So, what a ride. First hoped to get $7.5K off last year but expected that to be unlikely given 12/22 order. But it's ok because I will get the Gov $7.5K in 2023 Q1. Then I won't get the gov $7.5K per IRS -- was considering whether to continue but stayed in. Then the giant price decrease and, mostly by luck, I have purchased at the best time of the last year and possibly for all of 2023 (i.e. gov $7.5K might change after Q1 2023). Whew.

So, I will get about $20.5K total reduction from what I had been expecting worst case. Very happy camper.
Congrats great deal enjoy.

Reactions: cdub

Makes sense, that aligns with how Tesla seems to operate

Also, very cool insight. Thanks for sharing!