Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indent where elbow rests

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wiping off some dust from the driver side door and noticed this little indentation. Hard to see in a picture, but definitely feel the depression if you run your finger along it. I've realized it's right where my left elbow rests when I'm driving. Anyone else seen this? Tried a search, but honestly not sure what to even call that upper part of the interior door panel.

Attachments

• 20190103_212221.jpg
    20190103_212221.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 231
  • 20190103_212217.jpg
    20190103_212217.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 130
I too started to notice an indentation when I naturally rest my elbow on the upper surface of the door panel in my 3 (August, 2018 delivery). I previously had a Prius and the dent is/was quite noticeable in the same exact place. I did not was a repeat in this car, so I have to consciously remind myself to place my arm on the rest or in my lap when I catch myself doing this. Unfortunately, this is a natural position for me when driving, but I am slowly getting out of this habit.

I was/am actually conscious of this when I rest my elbow there and am always thinking about it forming but nothing yet and believe it or not don’t actually rest the full weight of my elbow on it for this reason. Actually move my arm around in different spots as well (and not keeping it in the exact same spot) to spread out the force pressure in different areas to alleviate forming said indentation. How’s aTHAT for OCD!
Also concerned of the elbow “valley” forming on the center console lift portion where my right elbow rests due to same reason.....lol.
Keep telling myself it’s not a museum piece it’s a drivers car but you know. OCD will be OCD!

Ski

• Funny
Reactions: halfricanguy
I was wiping off some dust from the driver side door and noticed this little indentation. Hard to see in a picture, but definitely feel the depression if you run your finger along it. I've realized it's right where my left elbow rests when I'm driving. Anyone else seen this? Tried a search, but honestly not sure what to even call that upper part of the interior door panel.
Just noticed this on my new model 3 2022. Only been driving 2 months.
Anybody know how this can be fixed?