TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Indeoendent: Look out for the 125mph electric car (because you won't hear it)

Discussion in 'News' started by dpeilow, Aug 22, 2008.

1. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Look out for the 125mph electric car (because you won't hear it) - Green Living, Environment - The Independent

They've just about covered the whole demographic now.

Hmm... RoSPA are exactly the health and safety nazis we do not want on the case here :frown:

2. Cobos

Cobos S60 owner since 2013

I realise this is a real problem in the eyes of someone, but can't we get some organization that deals with road noise to speak up on this issue? At least in Norway they seem to be very good at pressuring the state/county to build those noise-blocking walls along major highways. With MP3 players being ubiquitous the problem isn't with EVs but with morons driving too fast through residential areas. That is solved by speed bumps or other similar measures...

Cobos

3. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

5. DaveD

DaveD EVs Kick Gas!

At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, maybe he is a shill for Big Oil. That would explain the apparent support for Fisker and GM.

6. GSP

GSP Member

#8 GSP, Aug 22, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  7. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

Thanks GSP :biggrin:

I tried posting the same type of message over on the Top Gear blog. Hadn't gone through last time I checked.

The problem with a lot of the knee-jerk reactions to the Roadster (maybe with less knee and more jerk) is that every critic wants Tesla's first vehicle to be all things to all men.

It's just a small, two seater sports car. Not a grand tourer. Not a family car. And since it's version 1.0, it's expensive.