Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indeoendent: Look out for the 125mph electric car (because you won't hear it)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dpeilow

May 23, 2008
Winchester, UK
Look out for the 125mph electric car (because you won't hear it) - Green Living, Environment - The Independent

They've just about covered the whole demographic now.

Duncan Vernon, a road safety campaigner with the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, said: "Technology is now out there that can boost running noise of these electric cars and we would encourage its use in all new electric models.

"There are going to be more and more electric cars of different types on our roads in years to come, so we need to be considering these issues now."

Hmm... RoSPA are exactly the health and safety nazis we do not want on the case here :frown:

I realise this is a real problem in the eyes of someone, but can't we get some organization that deals with road noise to speak up on this issue? At least in Norway they seem to be very good at pressuring the state/county to build those noise-blocking walls along major highways. With MP3 players being ubiquitous the problem isn't with EVs but with morons driving too fast through residential areas. That is solved by speed bumps or other similar measures...

Cobos

Great response to KB at thetechherald.com site:

Thanks GSP :biggrin:

I tried posting the same type of message over on the Top Gear blog. Hadn't gone through last time I checked.

The problem with a lot of the knee-jerk reactions to the Roadster (maybe with less knee and more jerk) is that every critic wants Tesla's first vehicle to be all things to all men.

It's just a small, two seater sports car. Not a grand tourer. Not a family car. And since it's version 1.0, it's expensive.