Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Independent Roadster Service & Repair Shops

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Roadster

JdeMO Powered
Dec 10, 2016
SoCal
I don't believe we have a running list of these so let's compile them in one thread. Below are the ones I'm aware of in the U.S. at the moment. If there are any others I've missed or as new ones are discovered, please feel free to add them.

NOTE: only list shops we've confirmed have the knowledge, personnel and resources to service, support and/or repair our cars. EU, AU, HK and JP owners feel free to contribute as well.

grubermotorcompany.png

Gruber Motor Company
21 W Lone Cactus Dr.
Phoenix, AZ 85027 United States
Toll Free: (800) 658-5883
Phone: (602) 863-2655
Fax: (602) 257-4313
Owner: Pete Gruber
Email: [email protected]
TMC Contact(s): @petergrub, @racevpr

Business Hours
Mon: 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Tue: 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wed: 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thu: 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Fri: 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sat: Closed
Sun: Closed

executivemotorwerkz.png

Executive Motorwerkz
14117 S Western Ave. Unit C
Gardena, CA 90249 United States
Phone: (323) 577-9706
Owner: Javier Ramirez
TMC Contact(s): @ExecMotorwerkz

Business Hours
Mon: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Tue: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Wed: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Thu: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Fri: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sat: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM

medlockandsons.png

Medlock & Sons Tesla and EV Service Center
1505 SW 112th St.
Seattle, WA 98146 United States
Phone: N/A (@mods please update once known)
Owner: Carl Medlock
TMC Contact(s): @CM_007

Business Hours
Mon: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Tue: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wed: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Thu: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Fri: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sat: Closed

I Think I have read something about a Company called "GS Technology" i Switzerland or something like that. Anyone elese know?

There are also some that say that "Autoskadestuen" in Denmark does some repairs on Roadster. Got a post on Facebokk from someone working there saying that they work on Roadsters. Anyone kelse know?

• Helpful
Reactions: Roadster
The flip side of that is to have all the tools and parts required to make repairs "on the road" for the repair guy. Seems like most issues are related to PEM service, poor workmanship in taking it apart and putting it back together, causing more issues. Many of the owners here already do their own PEM cleaning, probably due to lack of capability locally to them, as much as anything else.

PEM cleaning takes a couple hours, probably, for an experienced service guy, all tools in place, etc. Is it worth much more than the $600 Tesla charges to make sure it's done correctly?

Now, if the repairs are more extensive, for any of a variety of reasons, then, it might be possible to fly an expert in, or better yet, have a "moblle service" setup with all needed equipment and road trip across the country to do scheduled repairs. Anything special needed for a repair would get shipped overnight to complete the repair as soon as possible.

But, finding someone who is willing to travel to do work on roadsters might be difficult...

The low number of roadsters generally means there isn't going to be enough work on roadsters alone to make it worthwhile for someone to do this as a stand-alone business, unless all roadster owners in an area group together to have work done at a specific time and have an expert come in for a couple weeks to a repair facility willing to allow this expert to use their facility.

It's a nice idea, but not sure how feasible it would be....sadly.

If there are, say, a thousand Roadsters still operational in the US, that's still 3/day that could "need" some form of annual service, if only to change the fluids that have been sitting for the past years. A roving team of well trained mechanics could certainly make a go of it. Sort of a traveling minstrel show, touring the country, keeping our beloved cars on the road. I certainly would pay considerably more to have my car serviced by someone I know will do it right, and not leave it out in the sun for days until they get around to it. This is not a "shade tree" sort of car.

• Funny
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
The flip side of that is to have all the tools and parts required to make repairs "on the road" for the repair guy. Seems like most issues are related to PEM service, poor workmanship in taking it apart and putting it back together, causing more issues. Many of the owners here already do their own PEM cleaning, probably due to lack of capability locally to them, as much as anything else.

PEM cleaning takes a couple hours, probably, for an experienced service guy, all tools in place, etc. Is it worth much more than the $600 Tesla charges to make sure it's done correctly?

Now, if the repairs are more extensive, for any of a variety of reasons, then, it might be possible to fly an expert in, or better yet, have a "moblle service" setup with all needed equipment and road trip across the country to do scheduled repairs. Anything special needed for a repair would get shipped overnight to complete the repair as soon as possible.

But, finding someone who is willing to travel to do work on roadsters might be difficult...

The low number of roadsters generally means there isn't going to be enough work on roadsters alone to make it worthwhile for someone to do this as a stand-alone business, unless all roadster owners in an area group together to have work done at a specific time and have an expert come in for a couple weeks to a repair facility willing to allow this expert to use their facility.

It's a nice idea, but not sure how feasible it would be....sadly.

I know Javier traveled to AZ a few months ago to do some work on a Roadster out here (not mine). Tony Williams used to travel to install the Roadster CHAdeMO modification.

It certainly can’t be a standalone business but perhaps a scheduling regional trips for enough owners in an area could be more viable at some point?

That’s for our cherished experts to decide.

I’m personally struggling with this. I had planned on moving my Roadster to the Big Island of Hawaii earlier this year until I experienced my Tesla SC-induced PEM issues. Now, I’m not comfortable having my Roadster too far away from Gruber’s support. Service in Hawaii would be via a mobile tech from Honolulu with questionable Roadster experience. I still don’t know what I’m going to do, but I’m very disappointed lack of confidence in Tesla’s Roadster support is stopping me from moving the Roadster to Hawaii, where it would be incredibly fun and in a less harsh environment than the Phoenix desert.

I Think I have read something about a Company called "GS Technology" i Switzerland or something like that. Anyone elese know?

I called them Today and can confirm that they do refurbish PEM's etc. (even when nothing is written in their homepage)

GS Technology GmbH

Andhauserstrasse 52-54
CH-8572 Berg
Schweiz
Tel.: +41 (0)71 636 20 23
Fax: +41 (0)71 636 20 25
E-Mail: [email protected]

There are also some that say that "Autoskadestuen" in Denmark does some repairs on Roadster. Got a post on Facebokk from someone working there saying that they work on Roadsters. Anyone kelse know?