Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"...India, Brazil, SA, SK, NZ, Sing & Ireland."

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
J

jbcarioca

"@elonmusk: Adding several more countries to Model 3 order page tonight. Check for details, but will include India, Brazil, SA, SK, NZ, Sing & Ireland."

Since Elon twitted that a number of my acquaintances in Brazil have made reservations; if my count is correct there have been six reserved on my block alone.

So, the question is how many reservations have come from these seven new (to Tesla officially) countries. Just as an additional perspective I have read reports of Model S in both Brazil and Singapore, and I imagine there are a few around already in the other countries too.

Please report on any orders of which you know in these countries.

Looking at the reservations page, many more countries have been added - seemingly now every EU country, Russia, Turkey, South Korea, and more.

Looking at the reservations page, many more countries have been added - seemingly now every EU country, Russia, Turkey, South Korea, and more.
Yes. Now there are three massive challenges for Tesla, if I read it correctly:
1) Producing all those cars while simultaneously introducing more new models and updating older ones;
2) Coping with the politics, legalities and infrastructure to support servicing in ~40 countries, maybe more;
3) building and maintaining Superchargers/Destination chargers fast enough.

I'm ignoring small problems such as finding enough lithium, building new gigafactories, etc.

We ain't seen nothin' yet! :eek:

And there is the tiny issue of raising the $ billions needed.

Hi guys, will Tesla provide the infrastructure (superchargers, repair centres, etc) for those newly added countries?

And will the infra be in-place when the first model 3 is delivered to their respective owners in those countries?

Elon responded fir several such questions via Twitter and seemed to say there would be Superchargers everywhere. I have no idea what that really means,