Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indian States Try to Cancel (Renege ?) on PV Projects

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
I'd love to hear the inside scoop on this, or at least get some help in reading this news item
Madhya Pradesh seeks to quash Goldman-backed solar project
Madhya Pradesh's attempts to scrap the agreement with ReNew Power over the 51 megawatts (MW) project, citing land acquisition delays, were thrown out by a state court.
But the central Indian state's distribution company (discom) has now appealed to the country's highest court, potentially setting up a prolonged legal battle.
The move comes after Madhya Pradesh cancelled three solar power purchase deals with Canada-based Sky Power Global, also due to issues related to la ..
Read more at:
Madhya Pradesh seeks to quash Goldman-backed solar project

It sounds like the state is using bureaucracy to strong-arm the project developers into renegotiating the PPA to a lower rate but I am not sure.

Is that your read of the news article ?

The state says they canceled the project due to delays in obtaining land use permits ... but if I am reading the news correctly (or reading between the lines correctly,) the state is with holding the land permits, effectively forcing the project to fail.