Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indiana HB1592 - to shut out direct sales after 1000 vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was this a way for the legislators to save face once they were called out on another anti-Tesla bill, by changing it to something completely different?

Anyway, while it's good for Tesla, it's bad for the free market for each new auto company to have to come to the legislature to be able to sell their cars without going through the auto dealer cartel.

Reactions: rabar10
Bonnie, perhaps I expected irony from you! This amendment is a concession. I told a dealer and manufacturer marketing consultant friend (who is pro dealer model, not anti Tesla) that Tesla has passed the tipping point and can't be stopped by protectionism. He also believes there is no mainstream market for EV. Model 3 will be a wake-up call.

Bonnie, perhaps I expected irony from you! This amendment is a concession. I told a dealer and manufacturer marketing consultant friend (who is pro dealer model, not anti Tesla) that Tesla has passed the tipping point and can't be stopped by protectionism. He also believes there is no mainstream market for EV. Model 3 will be a wake-up call.
I know it's a concession - but the outcome is the same as if the bill had never been proposed. Well, except for those damn people trying to dump substandard cars on unsuspecting Indiana citizens. Whew, glad they got that loophole closed.

As far as new car companies go - Tesla will set precedent. It's a waste of taxpayers' money to have to jump through this hoop, but new companies have a path to follow. The battle has been fought.

Reactions: PJFW8