Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indiana Tesla owners and future owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mjoines, I live in Granger too. I drove to and from Indy in 10*F snowing weather. That trip required a four hour charge. My wife and i shopped then ate dinner at the Fashion mall. My favorite place to shop in Indy. The is also a hotel next door. I have gone back and forth several times now.

Check out phone apps, Recargo, Plugshare, ChargePoint, etc. Personally I have used the plug north of Nordstrum. Each hour charging gives about 15 miles of charge. Leave your cell number on a card under wiper as politeness in case someone else needs a charge after you. There are about 10 public locations in Indy with chargers.

Get a card from ChargePoint with RFID or you will need to call them for some of the chargers. The Fashion Mall was free when I last used it. Choose somewhere with a restaurant etc to spend some time.

Will Indiana represent?

Maybe it's just me, but it's hard to commit when there are zero details about the event except for a date that seems to be changing. All the rumors and speculation going around, it seems as though the location will most likely be Freemont? With the limited number of participants set at 300, it seems as though Teslive is trying to be an exclusive club for only those that live in or close to California.

I'm in Lafayette, Roadster and Model S. Have had the Roadster since February 2010 and the Model S since September 2012. I'm a little late to this thread - since the Model S was delivered I've been spending a lot more time driving and a lot less time posting. After eight months the new is starting to wear off, at least a little, so maybe I'll be posting a bit more. For anyone looking to charge in Lafayette the city garage downtown on 5th street is a good bet, two ChargePoint stations. There's a nice variety of restaurants close, also a hotel a block away. Tippecanoe Mall also has a couple of ChargePoints, although one has been out of order for months.

Dear Indiana Owners,

We are just starting to form a club in Michigan. I spoke with few owners in Indiana regarding that. It seems you are also working to form a local club. You are most welcome to attend any of our events. We should then continue to collaborate on future events and meetup. The area needs a strong club and staying local will not achieve that as numbers likely to stay low for near future. Please see below for our thread and FB page. You will also find a link to Ohio Group on our FB page. See you soon.

Michigan Tesla Owners

Last edited:
That's where live. We've seen a white one a couple of times now, in the downtown area.
There's also ANOTHER grey one that my family saw south on Michigan. They thought it was me... except I was at work.

Ironically I just spotted a grey S maybe 15 minutes ago, driving south on the 7500 block of Meridian St. this morning!

Reminds me -- do you still attend the Indy Cars & Coffee events on Saturdays? I haven't been able to stop by yet...

Has anyone else heard about a possible showroom at the Fashion Mall/Keystone at the Crossing?

Hi, I'm new. :)

I called to schedule a test drive in Chicago and the guy told me they are opening a service center in Fishers. Ribbon-cutting in December. I asked about a showroom and he said that it's a service center and he does not think there's a showroom planned anytime soon.

Hi everyone! I'm trying to find someone in the Indy area with a Tesla to let my husband test drive for our anniversary. It would need to be sometime next week. He loves Tesla, but we can't afford them. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you!