Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indiana Tesla owners and future owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks,

I'm picking up my P85D in Chicago next week or the week after and wanted to introduce myself. I live in Mishawaka. I know there are at least one or two other Model S owners in the South Bend/Mishawaka area, and I hope to meet you at some point soon.

Regarding the seat delay-- I received an email about a possible delay a couple of weeks ago, but it turned out to be a false alarm. Mine has the next-gen seats and completed manufacturing earlier this week.

Adam, welcome to the forum, and congratulations, I think you now have what is arguably the most advanced Model S out there. Hopefully in the coming year Chicago and Indiana Model S owners can have a get together.

Thanks, Nicoletta! I'm looking forward to meeting a few folks who have had their cars for a while. It's been a multi-year wait for me, and I'm hugely excited to pick up the car. I'd originally planned to get a model X, but it was impossible for me to resist the P85D after it was announced.

Happy holidays!

Thanks, Bill. I learned that last year when I returned to the area after 15 years on the west coast. I bought the Model S with winter wheels and tires, and I asked for them to be installed before I pick it up. Now to find a place for four more wheels in the garage...

I spotted a a white Model S on the Southwest side of Fort Wayne. My nephew, who has taken after his uncle in admiration of Tesla, spotted a white Model S at his middle school.

Is the owner on here? It would be neat to connect. It's the only Tesla I've ever seen in Fort Wayne.

Lacking Superchargers in Nashville and Louisville to allow me access to Indianapolis, I had to drive the ICE. However that didn't stop me from visiting. Only parked long enough to take a picture or two. Didn't see a single Tesla for over 1000 miles of I-65. :-(

This is only the 2nd Supercharger I've ever seen in person after a year of ownership and 11k miles.

IMG_4618.jpg

IMG_4619.jpg

Picked it up

I picked up the car yesterday. So far, I'm very impressed and happy with the vehicle. The range on the way home wasn't quite what I expected-- I guess the winter weather combined with the not-quite-optimized P85D both took their toll. We started with a rated range of about 240 miles, drove 100 miles, and ended up with about 48 miles left. Not so bad that I was worried or driving with the climate control off, but definitely not enough to make it to Chicago and back on a single charge. I may have been lead-footing it a little bit, at times... :)

My car was the first the Tesla guys had seen with next-gen rear seats. The seats seem really nice, all around. They remind me a lot of the Recaro seats in one of my other cars, though the bolsters are not as aggressive. They were plenty comfortable for the drive home.

My favorite thing so far is the ability to turn on the climate control before getting into the car. So nice to warm it up last night before heading home from dinner.

I picked up the car yesterday. So far, I'm very impressed and happy with the vehicle. The range on the way home wasn't quite what I expected-- I guess the winter weather combined with the not-quite-optimized P85D both took their toll. We started with a rated range of about 240 miles, drove 100 miles, and ended up with about 48 miles left. Not so bad that I was worried or driving with the climate control off, but definitely not enough to make it to Chicago and back on a single charge. I may have been lead-footing it a little bit, at times... :)

My car was the first the Tesla guys had seen with next-gen rear seats. The seats seem really nice, all around. They remind me a lot of the Recaro seats in one of my other cars, though the bolsters are not as aggressive. They were plenty comfortable for the drive home.

My favorite thing so far is the ability to turn on the climate control before getting into the car. So nice to warm it up last night before heading home from dinner.
Congrats! Hopefully some coming-soon over-the-air software tweaks will improve your new P85D's efficiency and range.

Adam, my P85 will make it to and from downtown Chicago with a single charge, but I almost never do that because it leaves no room for error. The phone apps plug share and charge point with a charge point RFID card show about 20 garages to charge in while downtown Chicago. I have used at least 8 different garages so far. One time the Chargers did not work. It was warm and I drove home at 60-65 mph with 18 miles rated range left. If it was cold I would have gone to another garage. Two hotels have chargers downtown.

Hi, I'm originally from southern Indiana (Madison). I was just looking at Tesla's map of future supercharger sites and it's hard to tell but it almost looks like one is planned for near there, maybe Jeffersonville? Or maybe it's Louisville, hard to tell which side of the river the pin is on. Does anyone know anything about supercharger plans for the SE part of the state? Thanks.

Hi, I'm originally from southern Indiana (Madison). I was just looking at Tesla's map of future supercharger sites and it's hard to tell but it almost looks like one is planned for near there, maybe Jeffersonville? Or maybe it's Louisville, hard to tell which side of the river the pin is on. Does anyone know anything about supercharger plans for the SE part of the state? Thanks.

It looks like Louisville and Cincinnati will get Superchargers this year, and one is planned for just north of Evansville in 2016.

GSP

Has anyone heard anything about where the Indianapolis Tesla Service Center is supposed to go in? They have positions listed for it on their website.

When I asked the Keystone mall folks about a nearby service center (my pre-buy research, mine arrives in 2-3 weeks!), they in-turn asked me where I lived. I said Noblesville, to which they simply replied, "then you'll be very happy with the location."

So whatever that means?? :p

The service center has been "Coming Soon!" for a couple of years now. Literally.

It was on the map when I bought my car... I've since had my 12-month and 24-month services performed out of state.

I've heard the gamut of rumored and failed locations. Vague and oblique hints are all the gallery personnel can provide.

"So whatever that means?? :tongue:"

It means nothing, until there are photos of signage being installed at a location, and a published grand opening date.

It's been a minor inconvenience so far, honestly. But it would still be nice to have the "yeah, they're making progress... it should be opening soon" service center in state.

The service center has been "Coming Soon!" for a couple of years now. Literally.

It was on the map when I bought my car... I've since had my 12-month and 24-month services performed out of state.

I've heard the gamut of rumored and failed locations. Vague and oblique hints are all the gallery personnel can provide.

"So whatever that means?? :tongue:"

It means nothing, until there are photos of signage being installed at a location, and a published grand opening date.

It's been a minor inconvenience so far, honestly. But it would still be nice to have the "yeah, they're making progress... it should be opening soon" service center in state.

Yeah, I hear that... but I hope that I can hope it will be here by the end of this year!
I was told twice, by two different folks at Keystone that it will be before the end of this year.
At any rate, hopefully it won't be needed much! (I pick mine up tomorrow in Cincy!!! ~ that's the important thing to me right now)

Yeah, I hear that... but I hope that I can hope it will be here by the end of this year!
I was told twice, by two different folks at Keystone that it will be before the end of this year.
At any rate, hopefully it won't be needed much! (I pick mine up tomorrow in Cincy!!! ~ that's the important thing to me right now)

I am four days late, but congrats on your new car!