Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indiana Tesla owners and future owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I hear that... but I hope that I can hope it will be here by the end of this year!
I was told twice, by two different folks at Keystone that it will be before the end of this year.
At any rate, hopefully it won't be needed much! (I pick mine up tomorrow in Cincy!!! ~ that's the important thing to me right now)

For what it is worth, I spotted this on the forum.
A post by Old Man Mike

~Audi, Tesla and VW car dealerships in Indy expansion mode | 2015-10-27 | Indianapolis Business Journal | IBJ.com
in-indy-expansion-mode?id=3-property-lines&utm_source=ibj-
daily&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_content=property-lines&utm_campaign=2015-10-27

Roughly two years after opening its first Indiana showroom—at the Fashion Mall at
Keystone—Tesla Motors is expanding to Castleton.

The electric car company is taking the 23,530-square-foot building at 8280 Castleton
Corner Drive last occupied by Golf Galaxy near Castleton Square Mall, according to
construction filings.

It’s unclear whether Tesla will keep its Fashion Mall showroom. Representatives of the
California-based car company didn’t return phone calls seeking comment.

Last edited:
Roughly two years after opening its first Indiana showroom—at the Fashion Mall at Keystone—Tesla Motors is expanding to Castleton.

The electric car company is taking the 23,530-square-foot building at 8280 Castleton Corner Drive last occupied by Golf Galaxy near Castleton Square Mall, according to construction filings.

It’s unclear whether Tesla will keep its Fashion Mall showroom. Representatives of the California-based car company didn’t return phone calls seeking comment.

It does seem like it'd be an odd choice to open a second Indy store just ~3mi from the existing store. Perhaps this is actually the Service Center that is listed as Coming Soon on Tesla's website? Or as the article suggests, the new location could replace the existing one. Then again, KC has two stores (one doubling as a Service Center) that are only ~6mi apart, so I suppose anything's possible.

It does seem like it'd be an odd choice to open a second Indy store just ~3mi from the existing store. Perhaps this is actually the Service Center that is listed as Coming Soon on Tesla's website? Or as the article suggests, the new location could replace the existing one. Then again, KC has two stores (one doubling as a Service Center) that are only ~6mi apart, so I suppose anything's possible.

Indy is just trying to be like Chicago. We need several Tesla dealers in a stones throw of each other, with several Starbucks in between. I love the Castleton Keystone Mall in Indy. It's like Michigan Ave with a roof! Now that there is a Tesla SC opening there, I won't mind making a stop with the wife.

For what it is worth, I spotted this on the forum.
A post by Old Man Mike

Roughly two years after opening its first Indiana showroom—at the Fashion Mall at
Keystone—Tesla Motors is expanding to Castleton.

Actually I had just commented about the IBJ article which someone else posted.

As an update, during recent discussions with my DS in Cincinnati, he said that Indy was going to be a full service center which might be even bigger than the one they have in Cincinnati.

I wonder how many Telsa owners are in my area up here near Fort Wayne, Indiana. I think there are at least a dozen but I might be the only one with a P90D after it is delivered next week.

anyone interested in a set of 21" turbine grey rims? I have a set of 4 for $1900 firm. local pick up only (valparaiso, in). non staggered (all same size). two rims in perfect condition, one rim has mild curb rash and fourth rim has had minor damage (repaired). comes with center caps and tpms sensors. PM me for more info or email at [email protected]

IMG_6952.jpg

I was told that the Caselton location for the Indianapolis service center fell through. Someone else swooped in and bought it while Tesla was waiting for corporate approvals to finish the deal.

It did not have much parking space at all, so hopefully Tesla can find an a good deal on an old dealership lot or something like that to provide more room to expand operations.

GSP

New owner in Fort Wayne. P85d. Blue with all the goodies except ludicrous. Delivered 12/5 at Chicago service center. I know of 7 model s 's in Fort Wayne or Roanoke. 4 are friends of mine. Hence why I have one now!

I had heard from Indy showroom staff that service center fell thru as well but that they were looking at another location and planned to be open in February 2016.

Also any rumors on a supercharger in or near Fort Wayne? The public charging options in Fort Wayne are pathetic in comparison to other cities of similar size.

I was told that the Caselton location for the Indianapolis service center fell through. Someone else swooped in and bought it while Tesla was waiting for corporate approvals to finish the deal.

It did not have much parking space at all, so hopefully Tesla can find an a good deal on an old dealership lot or something like that to provide more room to expand operations.

GSP

I, too, have heard this same thing (sorry, too respectful to drop any names or something); but they also may have another location in their crosshairs.

Now, here's the interesting thing... they supposedly want to ideally find a place with enough electrical power for... ready for this? SUPERCHARGERS. That's right, if the local people have their way, they'd just rather have a 2nd supercharger in Indy, on the north side. How freaking cool would that be?

On the other hand, the local sentiment also seems to be to keep it a small operation. I believe they feel that the service-center-less situation would allow them to remain the #1 rated service location in the country.

This was all quick idle chatting while I was freaking out over finally getting autopilot, so a fair amount of this may be inaccurate :)
Just some interesting chit-chat I wanted to pass along to the local owners!

I found the place. It doesn't look like anyone is doing any work on the building yet. There is a loading dock and a garage door in the back that is blocked by yellow bollards. There is also an open area on the south side of the building that could probably function as a showroom if Tesla decided to leave the Fashion Mall.

When I ordered my 85D in late December, I was told the building that they had identified to be a Tesla Service Center in Indianapolis had fallen through due to issues with the landlord. As of that point, I believe that they were back to the drawing board with respect to finding a location. My guess is that someone on the forum got excited about the potential SC and posted it on Google Maps....but subsequently it fell through. We'll just have to keep waiting. Would really like something in Indy. Much closer to Fort Wayne than Chicago or Cincinnati.