Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indiana Tesla owners and future owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fort Wayne would be nice for Indianapolis to Detriot trips via. Toledo. Indy to Toledo (Maumee) is too far without charging. For now we can go via Angola. It is a little farther and the traffic is heavier than the Toledo route.

I expect Tesla will prioritize enabling major routes first, before getting to locations like Fort Wayne. That would be better for everyone.

GSP

• Informative
Reactions: Nomad
With SpCs in Auburn, Maumee OH, Lafayette, and Indianapolis, I'm not sure how much a Fort Wayne location would add. I'd much rather see one added in Merrilville (sp?), since I can't quite do a round trip to Chicago (with any driving in Chicago) on one charge (and the Chicago charging options aren't very convenient).

I completely agree and have communicated that to Tesla--for what it is worth. Merrilville, is an ideal location for a SC as it serves traffic coming and leaving Chicago via Interstates 80, 94, and 65-- as well as being located directly on US 30--another busy highway. In the meantime "New Oberpfalz Brewing" (121 E Main St, Griffith, IN 46319) which is minutes off of 80/94 near Cline Avenue, has two 40AMP Tesla Chargers. Nice place, nice staff and good beer--just don't have too many! I stopped by two weeks ago, had a beer stayed a little less than an hour and gained 25 miles.

I travel a lot for work, so SC are very important for me, I hit the SE Indy Supercharger 1-2x weekly, and would like and Evansville SuperCharger which has been on the map for 18 Months or so originally as 2016 location. Also Bloomington is probably the most important location. I emailed them and they responded.
My email:
Evansville, IN was on your 2016 list of SC, and it is still on the list, do you have an ETA of when it is coming.
We also really need a SC in Bloomington Indiana, this is highest priority in my opinion.
Important but lower priority would be Columbus Indiana
They are planning a service and sales center on the NE side of Indianapolis in, SC would also be great at that location
Feedback would be appreciated
TSLA response:
Thank you for your email. We are actively scouting for site locations in Evansville and Bloomington, Indiana for 2017, but we are still in the early stages of deployment. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site so we cannot make guarantees about opening dates, but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers, especially in Indiana, and we are excited to announce new sites on our website.
We appreciate your patience, enthusiasm, and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.
Thank you,
The Tesla Supercharger Team

Wouldn't Bloomington and Evansville be relatively close together, as Indiana SpCs go? Probably best to pick one and "put all the wood
behind that one arrow". 'Fraid my vote goes for one in Merrilville or thereabouts, roughly half way between Lafayette and Chicago. But your need sounds more substantial than my relatively minor "convenience" issue. I agree that having even just 2 or 4 stalls at the new service center would be very nice, given that the SE Indy SpC is pretty far away from stuff on the north side.

What are the odds?

Saturday night I pulled off the interstate at Whiteland, IN, a small farm town and not exactly a bastion of alternative energy. I pulled into a gas station -- yep -- to drive through the attached Arby's. And what is in front of me but another Model S? Two Teslas, late at night, in a gas station drive-thru, in a small farm town? We win.

Black, license plate SOLRPWR. I tried to wave but it was dark and I have no idea if they noticed the Tesla behind them.