Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indiana Tesla owners and future owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a non-owner, line waiter for Model 3 and now have the ability to configure as of this afternoon. Not sure I'm going to go for it quite yet (I really like the white interior) but I look forward to seeing some Model 3s in Indy very soon! Is anyone on here configuring today?
Wow, congrats! Wasn’t expecting to see any not-previous-owners in Indiana be invited to configure yet.

Since I’m in the same line-waiter non-owner boat, of course I immediately refreshed my Tesla page. :) No dice yet.

I did note in the Indiana TMC club section here that the Indianapolis service center had a few Model 3s on the lot earlier this week, so they are coming in. Have yet to see one on the open road (or in a non-Tesla parking lot) though.

Reactions: BagheeraNY
It's been a few weeks.. how are Model 3 deliveries in Indiana going? I have yet to spot one, but I've heard of some spottings in both Fort Wayne and Indianapolis.
Still haven’t spotted one myself on the open road yet around Indy, but I can report receiving my invite to configure this past week :D so the deliveries must be progressing along to move through the queue.

Also noticed on Tesla’s site that the store in Keystone Fashion Mall in Indianapolis is no longer listed, and the service center near 86th and Allisonville Rd (just east of Keystone) is now a combo store/SvC. Not sure when the mall ‘store-only’ closed. The new place will see a lot less foot traffic from casual or curious observers.

Still haven’t spotted one myself on the open road yet around Indy, but I can report receiving my invite to configure this past week :D so the deliveries must be progressing along to move through the queue.

Also noticed on Tesla’s site that the store in Keystone Fashion Mall in Indianapolis is no longer listed, and the service center near 86th and Allisonville Rd (just east of Keystone) is now a combo store/SvC. Not sure when the mall ‘store-only’ closed. The new place will see a lot less foot traffic from casual or curious observers.

I was at Toys R Us yesterday and saw a few model 3s in the parking lot at the service center. It was nice to see the 18 and 19 inch wheels in person. I was hoping to get a good idea of the exterior colors as well, but there was a generous layer of snow on all the cars, so I'll have to return again to check it out before configuring. Which color did you go for rabar10?

I was at Toys R Us yesterday and saw a few model 3s in the parking lot at the service center. It was nice to see the 18 and 19 inch wheels in person. I was hoping to get a good idea of the exterior colors as well, but there was a generous layer of snow on all the cars, so I'll have to return again to check it out before configuring. Which color did you go for rabar10?
Yeah the ~10” of snow yesterday was... interesting o_O March Madness, heh

Going with Blue and the 19”s

Also noticed on Tesla’s site that the store in Keystone Fashion Mall in Indianapolis is no longer listed, and the service center near 86th and Allisonville Rd (just east of Keystone) is now a combo store/SvC. Not sure when the mall ‘store-only’ closed.

Wait, the store at Keystone at the Crossing is closing? I went by there a couple of days ago and they were open. They had three cars on the showroom floor and a Model X waiting for delivery in the back.

Wait, the store at Keystone at the Crossing is closing? I went by there a couple of days ago and they were open. They had three cars on the showroom floor and a Model X waiting for delivery in the back.
Uh oh. Just checked Tesla’s site again, and sure enough it’s still there.
Find Us | Tesla
Assuming I had the filter set for service center only the first time. False alarm, sorry. :(

Just configured as part of the wave of invites that went out last Friday. Non-owner, online reservation pre-reveal. Looking forward to owership in a couple of weeks! My wife and I stopped by the service center on the 25th and got a great 1st time view of a 3 in person... under several inches of snow.

Any news on the B-town or Evansville area superchargers? I have family in the Evansville area and it would be really nice to have a nearby supercharger.

Attachments

• 20180413_095249.jpg
    20180413_095249.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 54
Anyone else on Indiana Michigan Power move to time of day electric rates? I posted information on the Fort Wayne Supercharger thread. My S uses more energy than my house so it is worthwhile for me.
I’m not in that area, but there is a “Rate EVX” for Indianapolis Power & Light that offers time-of-use rates, but requires a separate meter base dedicated to the EVSE only. Bit of a pain, but lets them more easily monitor/study EV charging behavior and encourage scheduled overnight recharging. Sounds like yours would be for the entire circuit.

Here’s a link to the IPL EVX rate: https://www.iplpower.com/Our_Company/Regulatory/Rates/Municipal_Lighting_and_Other_Devices/Rate_EVX/