Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indiana Tesla owners and future owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here they replace your meter with one that separates daytime during the week and evening and weekends. For us the off peak is definitely worth it. We use about 300kWh on peak and 1 MWh nights and weekends per month.
Who's your supplier?
I had heard that the on-peak rates with these arrangements were often so much higher that many people don't wind up ahead. Can you tell us what your net % savings have been?

I’m on Indiana Michigan Power. My wife and I both work so no one is home during the day. I watched the meter after it was installed and before we got the car and the cost was about the same for the house alone. The car costs a third as much to charge. We drive our S about 30k miles per year so it is worth it for us. We also moved the AC so it gets the house cold at night in the summer so it is comfortable all day.

So this may sound like a dumb question, but I was looking at Tesla's "Find Us" map and the Indianapolis service center shows up as a store too. I have not been inside the service center yet, but do they really have a showroom that you can just walk into like the one at the Fashion Mall?
Yep, that's where I ordered my X last month. Ask for Nick!

Indianapolis service center is also full sales operation and delivery location. I ordered my X at home, but had a question about applying my own referral. NickC took care of me. Now waiting again <sigh>

Mall store still exists, but it is really for walk in and first look. If you want a demo ride, they send over to the Service Center store I think (they are pretty close).

• Informative
Reactions: patrick42h
If you were heading east-bound at the intersection of Cumberland and 231 in West Lafayette on 6/14 at 7:30pm in what appeared to be a new blue Model S, welcome to the club! And nice choice of car and color :D

Nope. Not me. My S is Midnight Silver. My X is Blue, but I don't have it yet (one more week I hope. Been shipped). One of my sons lives in W Lafayette though, so that part fits.

Are you picking up in Indy? I have an X coming too and I am penciled in for June 25! I bet they are traveling together!

Yup, June 25 in Indy for me too. 9:00 AM. I need to reach out to MatthewR Monday to confirm things (boy I hate those first day back from vacation emails). But I think you are right. Probably the same truck. Maybe we'll meet! Heheh. I have mine scheduled for CeramicPro on Wednesday, June 27, so I kinda hope it is close. I see you switched from Blue to Midnight Silver, go figure.

Yup, June 25 in Indy for me too. 9:00 AM. I need to reach out to MatthewR Monday to confirm things (boy I hate those first day back from vacation emails). But I think you are right. Probably the same truck. Maybe we'll meet! Heheh. I have mine scheduled for CeramicPro on Wednesday, June 27, so I kinda hope it is close. I see you switched from Blue to Midnight Silver, go figure.

Good color choices :) I'm at 12p that day. It's weird going from personally owned to business leased... my S went straight to Darrings Detail for XPel and was habdwashed exclusively.... Now in thinking about getting a Crew Carwash pass for the next 3 years :eek:

Good color choices :) I'm at 12p that day. It's weird going from personally owned to business leased... my S went straight to Darrings Detail for XPel and was habdwashed exclusively.... Now in thinking about getting a Crew Carwash pass for the next 3 years

I flipped that around too. My S was a business lease. The new X is personal. I am retiring and shuttering the business.