Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indiana Tesla owners and future owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't seen anyone post about it yet, but the Indy service center now has two Model 3s, one on display inside and one outside for test drives. It was really exciting to see the car in person after more than two years of waiting!

Attachments

• IMG_1423.JPG
    IMG_1423.JPG
    305.7 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: rabar10
I haven't seen anyone post about it yet, but the Indy service center now has two Model 3s, one on display inside and one outside for test drives. It was really exciting to see the car in person after more than two years of waiting!
I was at Keystone recently and was disappointed not to see a 3 at the showroom there. Good to know they can be seen somewhere in the area.

Saw my first M3 in the area today over by the Fashion Mall. It was white. Anyway, I know it's super geeky but I was just so stoked to finally see one in the wild in our neck of the woods!

BTW, how does one arrange a test drive at the service center? I'm on the list, but I'm holding out for a base, base...which may never come! Would love to at least scratch the itch, lol...

Saw my first M3 in the area today over by the Fashion Mall. It was white. Anyway, I know it's super geeky but I was just so stoked to finally see one in the wild in our neck of the woods!

BTW, how does one arrange a test drive at the service center? I'm on the list, but I'm holding out for a base, base...which may never come! Would love to at least scratch the itch, lol...

I signed up on the website and they called me. Probably easiest to just call them and they'll get you scheduled.

I signed up on the website and they called me. Probably easiest to just call them and they'll get you scheduled.

Awesome, thanks for the help! I called the store just now and scheduled for this Thursday. They only schedule test drives from M - Th, but my wife is off work that day so it's perfect for us! She's very skeptical of us buying a Tesla (even the base M3) with all the other options out there (used Leaf or i3, Bolt, and the upcoming Niro/Kona chief among them). To be honest, her thinking has been rubbing off on me a little as I consider our needs (mainly commuting around town) and the extra cost of the Tesla (especially $5k for EAP...the basics of which are included in the other options at a lower cost), so this will be a very good chance to gauge how serious we are. I'll report back!

Awesome, thanks for the help! I called the store just now and scheduled for this Thursday. They only schedule test drives from M - Th, but my wife is off work that day so it's perfect for us! She's very skeptical of us buying a Tesla (even the base M3) with all the other options out there (used Leaf or i3, Bolt, and the upcoming Niro/Kona chief among them). To be honest, her thinking has been rubbing off on me a little as I consider our needs (mainly commuting around town) and the extra cost of the Tesla (especially $5k for EAP...the basics of which are included in the other options at a lower cost), so this will be a very good chance to gauge how serious we are. I'll report back!
As has been reported on these boards time and time again, only those prepared to be owners should take test drives :)

As has been reported on these boards time and time again, only those prepared to be owners should take test drives :)

Haha, right you are! We did the test yesterday and WOW...it was mind-blowing as you'd expect! Neither of us had even driven a BEV before, so that alone was cool. The acceleration on these M3's is unreal for people used to mid-range ICE cars from companies like Toyota, Mazda, and Nissan. My wife's favorite part was autopark, lol! Anyway, it was a lot of fun and we're definitely keeping our reservation. We weren't convinced to step up to the first production from base, but we'll just have to continue tracking the timelines.

Congrats on your test drive! They sure are a lot of fun to drive, and once you experience it there's no going back. We were in the same debate earlier this year (Model 3 vs Bolt, etc) but the supercharger network was the deciding factor for us. There simply isn't the charging infrastructure for any other BEVs other than Tesla that even come close. We ended up getting a used 2012 S.

I was visiting Lafayette a month ago and saw a Model 3 going through downtown.

Sightings here in the Seattle area are daily, so hopefully that's what your experience will be in Indiana very soon as production picks up.

Downtown Indianapolis Supercharger is now open. Located in convention center parking garage right inside capital street entrance 1st floor. It’s a urban SC with 12 stalls. Parking rates are a little steep (see image)

Attachments

• E0F12121-911C-49E5-9CA1-B3D8E390ADB3.jpeg
    E0F12121-911C-49E5-9CA1-B3D8E390ADB3.jpeg
    481.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Informative
Reactions: Araman0
Downtown Indianapolis Supercharger is now open. Located in convention center parking garage right inside capital street entrance 1st floor. It’s a urban SC with 12 stalls. Parking rates are a little steep (see image)
So they charge those rates just to be in the garage charging? I certainly hope Tesla doesn't have the nerve to call this "free" Supercharging. I'm glad not to foresee ever needing that particular location.

So they charge those rates just to be in the garage charging? I certainly hope Tesla doesn't have the nerve to call this "free" Supercharging. I'm glad not to foresee ever needing that particular location.
The rates for using the charging spaces are cheaper than the general parking rates. So, you're actually getting a discount on using the space.

I’m excited for the Bloomington and Evansville chargers. I’m nervous about a trip from Indy to Holiday World and it would be nice to hit the Bloomington SC on the way. They say they have 8 chargers (HWC) at Holiday World, but not sure how busy they get! Would have to leave my 2016 MX on the charger all day to get enough charge to roundtrip home.

I’m excited for the Bloomington and Evansville chargers. I’m nervous about a trip from Indy to Holiday World and it would be nice to hit the Bloomington SC on the way. They say they have 8 chargers (HWC) at Holiday World, but not sure how busy they get! Would have to leave my 2016 MX on the charger all day to get enough charge to roundtrip home.
Have been wondering the same thing about the Holiday Word chargers. Looking forward to our first trip there this summer, but arriving with ~40% puts a little challenge on it.

Reactions: Hilbe