TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Indiana Waiting Room

Discussion in 'Model Y: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by NapTownPA, Oct 20, 2020.

1. NapTownPA

NapTownPA Member

Ordered my Model Y AWD LR on 9/28.
    White with stock wheels, no tow hitch..
    Got a VIN on 10/18.
    Now waiting on Delivery date.
    Hard to be patient.

Any one else in Indiana waiting?

2. DelCid

DelCid Member

I saw my VIN on the 17th. I got a text to schedule delivery today. Looks like it will be on 10/31.

3. NapTownPA

NapTownPA Member

That's great! Congrats!

I'm hoping mine will come soon since I got my VIN on the 18th. I installed my NEMA 14-50 yesterday and am going to get some floor mats, screen protector, and SSD off amazon.

4. DelCid

DelCid Member

Thanks! I went the SD card route. That and the USB adapter just came today. I have the Model Y wheel cap kit coming, along with some other minor accessories. I haven’t ordered any mats yet. I like the look of the MAXpiders a lot, but I’m not so sure about how little the rear seat mat extends under the front seats. I’m waiting to see if the Taptes version is any better, I guess. I hope yours comes soon, and that both our cars are in good shape!

5. M3Nicola

M3Nicola Member

I got my VIN on October 17th as well. I don’t have a delivery date yet but my SA said the car should arrive the first week of November. I hope it comes 10/31 like DelCid!

6. NapTownPA

NapTownPA Member

7. DelCid

DelCid Member

When I got the text to schedule delivery, the two dates offered were 10/31 and 11/2, so that second one would qualify as the first week of November. Maybe you’ll get a similar choice.

8. Nupe 1911

Nupe 1911 Member

Interesting, my wife ordered her Y two weeks ago and just got her VIN today. They told her the "Y" will arrive on 11/2, however I am not sure when she can take delivery. I am assuming within a week of that date? I currently have a Model 3 and my process was different as I got the car from a Tesla dealer in Cincy.

9. NapTownPA

NapTownPA Member

I am still waiting on my text. Does it come from the SA or from Tesla?

10. icebizzle

icebizzle Member

I was told by the SA the text would come from a Vegas number, but my text came from the same number I have been using to interact with them.

11. Airmax2020

Airmax2020 Member

Just put in my order for a MY MDM, LR, 19", Black tonight! more updates to come on VIN and delivery date

12. NapTownPA

NapTownPA Member

My SA texted me and told me to plan for 10/31 for delivery! I haven't received any official text from tesla yet though?

13. icebizzle

icebizzle Member

Did you get a VIN at least? Or did you go from nothing to "prep for delivery"?

14. NapTownPA

NapTownPA Member

I got a VIN on my order page on the 18th. Then I texted my SA yesterday who told me to plan for the 31st. Checked my page today and it showed to prep for delivery and gave me payment info. I ordered on 9/28 and actually have made another monthly payment on my trade in lease since then. Hopefully they can readjust my amount due based upon the new trade in payoff amount.

15. M3Nicola

M3Nicola Member

I just got a text to pick it up on 11/2! Glad it’ll come here soon, although I wish it could have come on the weekend before.

16. NapTownPA

NapTownPA Member