Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indiana Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seeing posts elsewhere about new MYs on lots and backed up for delivery due to SC inspections...may have to drive up to Castleton and see if there are many on the lot there.
Let me know if you do and what you find out. Interestingly, my timeframe which was stuck to 7-10 weeks from order for the last couple of days, changed today to June 20-30. But who knows.

I would not be surprise is production is being delayed due to a chip shortage that is going around all car manufacturer.

Seeing posts elsewhere about new MYs on lots and backed up for delivery due to SC inspections...may have to drive up to Castleton and see if there are many on the lot there.
Let me know if you do and what you find out. Interestingly, my timeframe which was stuck to 7-10 weeks from order for the last couple of days, changed today to June 20-30. But who knows.

I would not be surprise is production is being delayed due to a chip shortage that is going around all car manufacturer.
Mine is still stuck on 5-9 weeks (8th day of that). I'll post if I can swing up there for a look.

Also, re: the chip shortage, Tesla is said to have avoided that totally. See the article below:

How Tesla pivoted to avoid the global chip shortage that could last years - Electrek

I have been a few weeks without an estimated delivery date. Spoke to SA to make sure everything was good with my account. SA told me they have not been specifically told why the cars are so delayed, but suspects its because of the chip shortage. They anticipate a bunch of cars being delivered over the next 2 weeks.

Was told my account is fine, and the SA can see an estimated date of May 24th - June 9th.

Reactions: one4thegipper
Good to hear that they see a date range. If I'm still stuck at "5-9 weeks from order" on Monday (which would be 11 straight days of that), I plan to reach out to my SA and ask if he knows anything more definitive.

I call BS on the chip shortage - Tesla specifically said in their earnings call that they pivoted and avoided that issue altogether. My guess is that the SAs honestly don't know anything and are guessing. 🤷‍♂️

20210518_184840.jpg
20210518_184733.jpg

Thanks for the update. Any idea on manufacture date for those Y?
Took a picture of one, 05/06. This image is in the overflow lot, the main lot is also full.
Did they have the new headlights?
None of them did.

Swung by on my way out of town. Looks like the same 40-50 are on the lot. Can confirm old headlights. Didn’t get out and check dates. Will try to stop back on Wed. when I’m on my way back home. Saw only one MSM with white interior and induction wheels. Would like to hope that it’s mine, but I highly doubt it given that I’m one day into my 5-9 week delivery window.