TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Indianapolis Model 3 Reservation Information & Meetup

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by Nomad, Feb 25, 2016.

?

Do you plan on reserving a Model 3 at the Keystone Crossing on March 31st?

1. Yes; I will camp out the night before

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Yes; I will wait in line before the store opens in the morning

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Yes; I will arrive sometime during business hours

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No; I will be reserving online on April 1st

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No, I will not be reserving at all or at a much later date

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Nomad

Nomad Member

With March 31st fast approaching, it's a good time consolidate information and to plan a Meetup for folks planning to reserve a Model 3 at Keystone Crossing

Reservation Information
    Location: 8702 Keystone Crossing #111b, Indianapolis, IN 46240
    Start time: March 31st, regular business hours (starting at 10AM)
    Payment method: Credit card or check ($1,000)
    Reservation limit: No hard limit on the number of reservations, but likely one per name (e.g. one personal, one for spouse, one business reservation)
    Line Management: There will be a meeting next week (week of FEB 26) where line management will be discussed. I'll update this when I have more info.

Meetup Plans
    I think a lunch on the 31st for owners and enthusiasts would be great. Lunchtime should maximize the number of people that can attend. I'm not from the Indianapolis area, so I welcome suggestions on suitable venues.

2. MichFin

MichFin Member

They probably will not start taking orders until after the presentation.

3. Nomad

Nomad Member

So far, the word from this store and several others is that they begin taking reservations as soon as the store opens. Of course, that could change at any moment with a new tweet from Elon lol.

4. rabar10

rabar10 FFE until Model 3

Thanks for the update, and let us know what comes from the meeting this week re: line management and other details on how they will handle this. Curious as to how much is being communicated from the mother-ship, vs. how much is left to the individual stores to work out.

5. timf

timf Member

I agree. They aren't going to take reservations until they tell people what they're reserving. Otherwise, they could just open them now because it sounds like most people who are planning to reserve are doing it on blind faith anyway.