Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indianapolis - Tesla Store Keystone Mall open 12/13

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indianapolis store opening Friday (12/13/13)

Per email from marketing:

"Hi Scott,

We will be sending out an invite soon and we open this Friday. All the event info will be on the invite. We look forward to seeing you there.

Best,
David"

I guess the opening event will be a some time later, if invites are being sent "soon'...

Anyone want to meet up after work Fri?

Scott

Fantastic news, thanks Scott! Good timing with the opening of the first two Indiana Superchargers up north too.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw coverage of the new store on local Indianapolis news this AM -- they said it was open today. Don't know if that was a mistake on their part or not.

Welcome to Indiana

I was gone most of the weekend -- did anyone else have time to stop in and take a look yet?

Way to go, Indiana. Let's make sure the stores selling items that bring in sales tax in the $thousands are closed for half of the weekend.

While I was there, I saw at least 6 people come up to the window to take a look.

Attachments

• IMG_20131215_142741.jpg
    IMG_20131215_142741.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 209
There are six Tesla parking spots in the garage over by Saks. (I would have preferred the garage closer to the movie theater, but they didn't ask my advice :))

This is the garage on the east side of the mall, entering off of River Crossing blvd.

The spots are on the ground floor, on the NW corner. Traffic flow is clockwise, so you enter at the east side and have to go left and around the long way to get to that corner.

There are 6 HPWC.
IMG_20131217_182459.jpg

Wife and I went to Indianapolis Showroom this afternoon. Not really crowded, and several Tesla reps. were standing around, so my wife had a couple of questions to ask. When she asked the first one (what is the price range of the Model S) the answer was "Depends".

Second question asked (Where would I take to get repaired in Indy area) she was told "The only thing that needs repairing is brake pads and tires, so take it anywhere you want".

Her third question (Are there any charging stations between Indy and Chicago) was met with a roll of his eyes and the statement "There are too many to keep track of!"

Since I made enough trading Tesla stock this year to buy one of them, we had a real interest in ordering one...until today. With that kind of attitude you can take your 220 volt charger and sit on it, Mr. Musk!

Indeed, I feel the same way about the "geniuses" at the Apple Stores, but that didn't stop me from buying an iPhone/iPad/iPod. You can learn a lot more about the car, the charging network, etc. from TMC (or the internet in general) than what a rep will be able to explain, but that's true for every car I've bought or considered buying.

PokerBroker - Without trying to upset anyone, during the course of doing due diligence for any major purchase, we finally reach a place in the process when we have questions that only a conversation with a sales associate/representative should be able to resolve. After the responses we received to our initial querys, it was apparent to both of us that trying to continue any discussion was not going to provide us with any meaningful information. As in any purchasing process, first impressions ARE important.

Not having been in every dealership in America, I can't agree with or deny your statement on dealership employees, but I can say not having a positive experience this past Saturday has had an effect on our view toward Tesla.

- - - Updated - - -

772 - As I'm writing this on my iPad, i completely agree with you! I have learned a great deal from TMC and other EV forums. It is because of the exceptional range available between charging cycles with the Tesla that we decided to investigate all the pros AND cons of ownership of this exceptional vehicle. Like many in the Indianapolis area, we have been looking forward to the opening of a local Tesla company information source. After spending the time going over the many self-help resources in the store, what few questions remained (we thought) could be answered by a brief discussion with an employee on-site.

Cessna182, I've had some great experiences with Tesla stores in Oakbrook and Old Orchard malls (Chicagoland). Running a retail store is hard. I believe in Tesla, and have had some great experiences with their people. Please reach out to the Tesla Keystone Store Manager and share your experience. I trust the store manager will want to make it right for you and invite you in to help you personally.

PokerBroker - Without trying to upset anyone, during the course of doing due diligence for any major purchase, we finally reach a place in the process when we have questions that only a conversation with a sales associate/representative should be able to resolve. After the responses we received to our initial querys, it was apparent to both of us that trying to continue any discussion was not going to provide us with any meaningful information. As in any purchasing process, first impressions ARE important.

Not having been in every dealership in America, I can't agree with or deny your statement on dealership employees, but I can say not having a positive experience this past Saturday has had an effect on our view toward Tesla.

- - - Updated - - -

772 - As I'm writing this on my iPad, i completely agree with you! I have learned a great deal from TMC and other EV forums. It is because of the exceptional range available between charging cycles with the Tesla that we decided to investigate all the pros AND cons of ownership of this exceptional vehicle. Like many in the Indianapolis area, we have been looking forward to the opening of a local Tesla company information source. After spending the time going over the many self-help resources in the store, what few questions remained (we thought) could be answered by a brief discussion with an employee on-site.

I will need to say this is not how my experiences went when I visited a Tesla store for the first time. I would rate my knowledge of the Model S higher then most if not the majority of tesla sales people, and I did "test" the knowledge of the sales person when I was at the store. Got prompt, to the point, knowledgeable, and accurate answers to my questions. While I agree, the responses you got would leave a nasty taste in my month as well.
If I were the sales person (in fact, I own a small cycle dealership), I would have taken you to one of them big MAC's they have in the back of the showrooms, loaded up the Supercharger map, plug share and chargepoint for you.

Come to think of it, why the hell am I not working for Tesla already!

- - - Updated - - -

I live in Dallas and have been to a Tesla GALLERY (they are NOT DEALERSHIPS) in Austin, where the advisors were very helpful.
Up to a point.
The advisor could not answer any of my direct questions about pricing, financing, insurance, etc., because this is Texas, and we have some archaic laws.
They DID put me in contact with some Tesla advisors from Colorado who patiently answered all my questions.

My point is, the "open question" your wife asked about the price of a Model S starts with which version (battery size) are you looking for, how do you intend to use the car, what sort of Options are you looking for.
And perhaps Indiana also has some similar archaic laws to those in Texas, so the advisor might have NOT been able to respond to your specific questions.
ALL the pricing information and type of Options is already available to you and your wife on the Tesla Motors web site.
The first and biggest decision is what size battery do you desire?
Next decision might be how much performance do you desire, and then color and so on...
In short: A fully loaded Model S is substantially more expensive than a base price unit.
IF you are interested in exploring how a specific feature or an Option may enhance your requirements, then perhaps you might be able to phrase the question in such a manner.

The second question regarding service IMO was answered obliquely.
IF you are replacing the wiper blades, you probably could take it anywhere.
Brakes pads are brake pads, so that is similar.
If I understand your concern correctly, the crux of you point and maybe your concern is, "What if my new Model S requires specific Tesla Service."
If that is the case, I concur, your question was NOT answered appropriately.
Your wife's question could have been responded to better:
"The things that typically require replacement are wiper blades and tires."
"There is a local Service Center that can address any of your standard service related Items."
"The address is xxxxx xxxxxxx, not too far from here."

Again, if the advisor had spent a couple of minutes showing you the Supercharger web page, that could have answered the bulk of your third question.
And given you a quick view into 2014 and 2015 (THE FUTURE SUPERCHARGER LOCATIONS ARE NOT CAST IN STONE, they are the anticipated GOAL locations) Supercharger Network.
But please understand: NEW Supercharger Stations are coming on-line at the rate of one every 2 to 3 days, with 50 domestic OPEN Supercharger Stations opened in 2013.
There are so many new and yet undiscovered Supercharger Stations, it would be very hard to keep up with ALL of them.

Net Result: If you are genuinely serious about the Model S, you will go back to the GALLERY and have an open mind about what questions you have (and that some questions may not be answered by the INDIANA advisor).
And if you have a couple of hours to spend doing a little pre-research on TM website, you will have many more in-depth questions, and probably gain a vast understanding of what a great car the Model S actually is.

Give a man a Fish...
Teach a man to Fish...

The technology of the Model S is so advanced and adaptive you will not want to go back to an ICE.