Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indicated Range - New MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know indicated range is all a bit hit-and-miss and subject to a number of variables but shouldn't I be seeing more than 292 miles for a new MYP? The stated range is 319 I believe. The car has done around 95 miles and was picked up 5 days ago with 6 miles on the clock. The charge on pick up was about 40% and it dropped to about 15% by the time we got home - I added around 20% immediately and then pushed it up to 80% on cheap rate the same evening where it sat for a couple of days.

Last night I bumped it to 90% (by 2.30am) and then added more to get it to 96% today. I left it for one hour in case it needed to balance cells and then I drove for 45 minutes to drop it back down to around 75%. I'd hoped that the run today would have sorted the BMS but it's still sat at 292 miles.

Do I need to drop it down sub 10% and hold it there for an hour before charging or is something out of kilter? My M3P when new showed exactly the 310 miles I expected.

Any thoughts before I contact Tesla? If it was a 2 or 3 year old car I wouldn't be concerned, but it's new 🤔

319 is the WLTP range which by law in the UK Tesla have to quote on their website. But they never use it in the cars. The EPA range is 303 miles which is what i would expect to see on a new car. Maybe the BMS needs a reset?