TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Indicated vs Actual Speed

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by NewcastleJustin, Feb 4, 2016.

1. NewcastleJustin

Hi fellow Tesla fans,

It has been quite a while since I last posted, good to be back. I finally pulled the trigger and my 70D is being delivered next month - can't wait! I have two questions for you all in the meantime, one in this post and one I will put in another post.

Q: has anyone tested indicated vs actual speed using an independent GPS, particularly at freeway speeds? Reason I ask is that most cars I have driven are out. For example, at 115 actual (GPS read) speed my Nissan indicates 122 on the speedo.

Thanks
    Justin

2. raynewman

raynewman Active Member

I did it with a speed app on an iPhone and at 100 the Model S seems to read 2 kph fast. So I set my autopilot speed adjust to +5kph and I'm cruising 3 kph over the speed which (so far) gets ignored :biggrin:

3. NewcastleJustin

Thanks Ray, appreciated.