Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indicated vs Actual Speed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi fellow Tesla fans,

It has been quite a while since I last posted, good to be back. I finally pulled the trigger and my 70D is being delivered next month - can't wait! I have two questions for you all in the meantime, one in this post and one I will put in another post.

Q: has anyone tested indicated vs actual speed using an independent GPS, particularly at freeway speeds? Reason I ask is that most cars I have driven are out. For example, at 115 actual (GPS read) speed my Nissan indicates 122 on the speedo.

Thanks
Justin

Hi fellow Tesla fans,

It has been quite a while since I last posted, good to be back. I finally pulled the trigger and my 70D is being delivered next month - can't wait! I have two questions for you all in the meantime, one in this post and one I will put in another post.

Q: has anyone tested indicated vs actual speed using an independent GPS, particularly at freeway speeds? Reason I ask is that most cars I have driven are out. For example, at 115 actual (GPS read) speed my Nissan indicates 122 on the speedo.

Thanks
Justin
I did it with a speed app on an iPhone and at 100 the Model S seems to read 2 kph fast. So I set my autopilot speed adjust to +5kph and I'm cruising 3 kph over the speed which (so far) gets ignored :biggrin: