Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indicator Not Activating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My commute is 11 miles each way, and I believe in moving around slower traffic so I use my blinker probably 10 - 20x during that drive. Sometimes, probably 5-20% of time, the blinker does not activate when I press it. It happens for both the half press and full press of the indicator stock but is not duplicatable on demand. SC ordered a new steering column for replacement but the technicians were unable to replicate the issue so they sent it home "within spec".

Am I the only one with this issue?

Crazy that a safety risk like this is just written off as "within spec" because they are unable to replicate the issue.

Sorry on a tangent. Just curious, (and I am assuming you are an American living in Houston, TX, rather than a Brit in the village of Houston in Scotland). You wrote "blinker" and "indicator", rather than "turning light" and "turning signal" stalk. Didn't think Americans used the terms "blinker" and "indicator". Am I wrong?

• Funny
Reactions: coleman567
Sorry on a tangent. Just curious, (and I am assuming you are an American living in Houston, TX, rather than a Brit in the village of Houston in Scotland). You wrote "blinker" and "indicator", rather than "turning light" and "turning signal" stalk. Didn't think Americans used the terms "blinker" and "indicator". Am I wrong?
LOL
Why use two words when one works just fine?

I have noticed when I half press the blinker oftentimes it does not engage. Very frustrating when you think you have the blinker on and really don't.
It happens more for half depresses than full, but I'd say its about 1:2. Just yesterday I let the SC know it happens at 3 specific times and I didn't bother telling them about the two on the drive home.