Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indicator Stalk Clicking Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an issue with my indicator stalk, when transitioning from indicating one way to the other it makes a clicking noise and feels loose inside. I haven't taken a video of it but another Tesla owner has the same issue and can be viewed here
I have finally managed to get Tesla mobile service to come out after failed attempts due to parts supplies to change the indicator control module only to be told by the mobile technician that it is normal. It's been fine for 18 months so how can this be normal?

I explained that the issue had been experienced and documented on the internet by another person but he told me that I should not believe what I see on the net. The technician also told me my car had different parts fitted to older Model 3's as mine was a China built car, not sure what he meant by different but my car is an American built Model 3 performance delivered new in December 2020. He said he knew my car was a China built car as it had black window trims. No amount of me trying to explain the differences between 2020 and 2021 Model 3's would convince him.

Not sure where to go next with this as it seems like a minor issue but it's like driving an old banger every time I operate my loose clicking indicator stalk.

Also has anyone else had the same issue with the indicator stalk?

Mine does this. Always did occasionally but now it does it all the time. And, I’m out of warranty now.

Looking for a DIY fix, anyone? I’ll be searching and might open up the panel behind the steering wheel to take a look and will update here if I have any DIY luck.