Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indicators and volumes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my new model Y. Love the car, There's just two things that annoy me. First, it seems it's impossible to immediately switch the indicators from one direction to the other. I'll explain. When I drive onto a roundabout, I always turn on my left indicator to indicate that I'll stay on the roundabout. The moment I want to exit the roundabout, I switch to right, That doesn't work with my Y. When I do it like that, there is no indication and I'll exit the roundabout without using the indicator, which is rather dangerous. The only option to get it to work is to push the indicator stalk up TWICE. That works, and I'm almost used to it by now, but it does seem rather stupid to me. Now I want to ask you guys: is this normal behavior for a Tesla, or is this an option in the configuration menu somewhere? If it is, I can't seem to find it.

Another problem I have is with the Bluetooth connection to my phone. I listen to a lot of music on my phone in the car, and on all my other cars so far, this meant that the Bluetooth volume of the phone was at max and this then was more or less on par with the volume of the radio in the car when I switched sources. Not so with Tesla. It seems it controls the volume of my phone directly (Samsung S10) and it's always too quiet, which is why I then have to crank it up. But if I forget to turn it down again before switching to the radio, I'm in for a serious jump scare. I can fix this by switching the "absolute volume mode" of the phone to "relative volume mode", but then all my other Bluetooth devices aren't at the correct volume any more (which then creates a different problem). Is there any way I can make my Tesla play nice in the "absolute volume Bluetooth mode" like all my other BT devices do?

Thanks!

Man, your first issue with the indicators gets me too. Also, I wish there was some sort of a clacking sound whenever the indicators undo themselves just because sometimes they don't...
funny, because i have the opposite problem. when i try to turn off an indicator, i end up turning it on in the other direction! i've had my car just 2 months, so still tweaking my touching style.