Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

Sometimes when I turn on the indicators on my Model 3 they go silent. I can still see that they're flashing, but I can't hear the noise that's associated with it!

It doesn't happen a lot, but seems to be happening more often, is it something I'm doing?
At first, I thought it was because I was talking on the phone via Bluetooth, but after trying another day I couldn't replicate the results.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Hello everyone,

Sometimes when I turn on the indicators on my Model 3 they go silent. I can still see that they're flashing, but I can't hear the noise that's associated with it!

It doesn't happen a lot, but seems to be happening more often, is it something I'm doing?
At first, I thought it was because I was talking on the phone via Bluetooth, but after trying another day I couldn't replicate the results.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Yes, it happens to me and a lot of the users here.
Audio system crashes when making call over bluetooth

My car has done this a bunch since 2020.20.12, never had it happen before. The entire audio system randomly crashes, the car will make no audio of any kind. Sometimes the cellular connection goes out as well, and it corrects itself in a few minutes. Sometimes the radio shows its playing, but no audio comes out, others the radio shows its playing the track really fast and there is no audio. It's always fixed itself after driving for a few minutes, and the turn signals DO work, just no associated sound. Not great.

The signal sound is too low. Why can't they just allow us to adjust how loud we want it just like the voice volume in maps. I loved when I saw that I could make the map voice louder.

While they are at it, allow us to change from a few different sound styles and also the external pedestrian sound also. I want to jetsons sound so people can look at me weird.

Reactions: bickity
My car has done this a bunch since 2020.20.12, never had it happen before. The entire audio system randomly crashes, the car will make no audio of any kind. Sometimes the cellular connection goes out as well, and it corrects itself in a few minutes. Sometimes the radio shows its playing, but no audio comes out, others the radio shows its playing the track really fast and there is no audio. It's always fixed itself after driving for a few minutes, and the turn signals DO work, just no associated sound. Not great.

Hopefully the 2020.24.whatever update will fix it the issue!

I have a 2018 and back in the first year of ownership I had a similar problem where all my audible sounds (including safety features such as advanced collision warning) would randomly go dead. I actually had a strong case to lemon my car back then since multiple trips to the SC to address this problem did not resolve it. I had a Galaxy S9+ at the time.

I happened to upgrade my phone to an S10+ shortly after and the problem went away. I think the issue had to do with my bluetooth profile for my phone. It might be annoying but you can try disabling bluetooth on your phone and see if the problem still persists. I know it's a crappy solution to upgrade your phone, but perhaps a factory reset of your phone might do the trick. Could also try checking for an update but I don't think that will modify your bluetooth profile so it probably won't work (at least it didn't for me).

I have a 2018 and back in the first year of ownership I had a similar problem where all my audible sounds (including safety features such as advanced collision warning) would randomly go dead. I actually had a strong case to lemon my car back then since multiple trips to the SC to address this problem did not resolve it. I had a Galaxy S9+ at the time.

I happened to upgrade my phone to an S10+ shortly after and the problem went away. I think the issue had to do with my bluetooth profile for my phone. It might be annoying but you can try disabling bluetooth on your phone and see if the problem still persists. I know it's a crappy solution to upgrade your phone, but perhaps a factory reset of your phone might do the trick. Could also try checking for an update but I don't think that will modify your bluetooth profile so it probably won't work (at least it didn't for me).

My phone has been playing up quite a bit recently and I'm actually due for an upgrade, so hopefully I'll have all bases covered now!