TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Individual categories/folders for Roadster, Model - S in the Parts For Sale section

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by wiztecy, May 29, 2014.

1. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

Is it possible to have separate distinctive categories for the Roadster and Model-S parts. It appears when people post they think Tesla only made one car and one part fits all models, meaning they don't post in the title or the body of the thread what model vehicle the part goes to. Then there's endless replies saying "Does this go to a Roadster?", "Does this fit the Model-S?", and I'm sure we'll have the same issue with the Model X and so on.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Moderators, feel free to move this to "Site Feedback". Thank you.

2. jbadger

jbadger Roadster #506

Agreed. I check the FS and WTB subforums once or twice a day looking for Roadster stuff. I much prefer to subscribe to a subforum and know that any threads posted should be for the particular vehicle I own unless someone accidentally posts in the wrong one.

3. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I agree this would be a very nice addition. Especially for us Roadster owners as we become an ever shrinking minority.

4. bart513

bart513 Member

+1 Wiztecy

5. shrink

shrink Member

AGREED and well said!

Separate categories for each model would be awfully nice and much less confusing. In fact, I remember reading an article recently about a startup specializing in Tesla accessories and aftermarket parts, but they had nothing for the Roadster. I wish they would just say specializing in Model S parts, rather than Tesla as a whole - especially when they are clearly not supporting all Tesla models.

The same mentality can sometimes occur here.

6. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

Same request is valid for the "Want to Buy" section too. :)