Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Induction Android app - where'd it go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was looking into Android apps for my S and X with Android Wear integration, and found a thread for one here called Induction. But the thread's locked. The app still gets updated, why was the thread locked?

Hey Kreid,

The Induction thread was locked because we were unable to pay the 75$ per month required by TMC to maintain an official Vendor thread. Induction wasn't built nor expected to be a revenue machine (started as a side project between me and @Casey_S) and we couldn't justify the money.

That being said, we do continue to maintain and improve Induction all the time. We're both avid programmers and Induction is a great project which we use to refine our skills. If you're looking for an Android Wear app to control your Tesla, look no further. We just improved our android wear app and UI (thanks to the good people at eleks) and it looks pretty slick imo. Summon isn't possible on Android Wear but it is coming soon.

Hope you consider trying out Induction.

Best,
Vivek Vinodh

Attachments

• androidwear2.png
    androidwear2.png
    197.2 KB · Views: 137
  • androidwear.png
    androidwear.png
    489.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Informative
Reactions: EVie'sDad
An update was pushed with a fix. What kind of phone do you have? and what Android version are you running?

Nexus 6P running 7.1.2. Android Wear 2.0.0.156099718. Latest version of Induction available is 0.9737.

Obviously one issue is the lack of updates to the app. Otherwise, I think the main issue is the phone app no longer automatically installs the companion Wear app, and since Induction is not in the Wear Play Store, I don't know how it would even be installed to the watch. Am I correct in that assumption?

Unfortunately I just received the following email from the App creator...

"Unfortunately, the device which I used to develop the app was stolen a couple days ago. Until I get a new computer and my development environment functional again I won't be able to diagnose or provide solutions. I do not have a timeline for this. Sorry for the inconvenience."

At least he responded and was honest about the current lack of support, but after paying for the app, this is a bit disappointing. But as he said, it was not intended for a long-term revenue prospect.

Maybe he will get it up again....I really did like the interface and functionality.

Anybody have a spare computer to donate to the cause?