TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Induction Charging Wireless

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by TD1, Nov 28, 2012.

1. TD1

TD1 Member

Nov 28, 2012
    #1 TD1, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    I found this Video.

Inductive Charging - YouTube
    The EV are charged with wireless Induction thru pads that are build in in parking spaces etc.
    I think that would add a lot of convenience to EVs because that way the most drivers wouldnt even care to think about charging and I could imagine that such an infrastructure is easy to implement in parking lots etc.

I would like to know what Tesla think about that, I could find any details about the Charging power that is possible with this technology.
    Does anyone has more information to that?
  2. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Nov 3, 2009
    Smithfield, VA
    It's known, Tesla's looked into it, and there's been a lot of discussion on this forum about it (do a search).

In a nutshell, it's still fairly energy-inefficient, and is limited in the amount of power transferable, so charging rate would be slow. In short, the technology's not quite there yet.