Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Induction OEM Replacement Tire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone been able to get an OEM Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric from and independent tire shop? We had a sudden loss of pressure on one tire (and I'm certain it will need to be replaced instead of patched), and I can't find the OEM tire on TireRack or Goodyear's website. There is no Tesla service center in our area, so I'm trying to figure out where to find a replacement. Thanks

I’m not sure about the new OE tire, however when my current ones wear out I plan to replace them with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ (255/40ZR20). They’re highly rated although some reviews mention that they may be a bit noisier than the OE ones. I used them on my previous Model S and did not have any issues.

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I’m not sure about the new OE tire, however when my current ones wear out I plan to replace them with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ (255/40ZR20). They’re highly rated although some reviews mention that they may be a bit noisier than the OE ones. I used them on my previous Model S and did not have any issues.
I've got those now and they are probably a bit noisier, hard to tell as I swapped the wheels very soon after getting the Y. Hopefully the new A/S 4 will be out by the time you need to replace the tires.

Reactions: DriveEV
I realize that this an old post and you might have found them by now, so for everyone else Michelin now has the right size - MICHELIN® PILOT® SPORT ALL SEASON 4 255/40ZR20 101Y XL BSW. The manufacturer part no. is 45451. Shop Pilot® Sport All Season 4 Tires | Michelin
Thanks for your reply. Those tires were in short supply when the Y was initially released, but I was able to buy them last year.

I have an induction 20", but I really wanted the best wheels/tires to have better mileage.
Are people selling their induction packages and buying Gemini wheel/tire package? What is the approximate money you can get by induction wheel/tire sales?

I realize that this an old post and you might have found them by now, so for everyone else Michelin now has the right size - MICHELIN® PILOT® SPORT ALL SEASON 4 255/40ZR20 101Y XL BSW. The manufacturer part no. is 45451. Shop Pilot® Sport All Season 4 Tires | Michelin
I'd still go for the 255/45-20, as they are $70 cheaper per tire, and you'll get a slightly bigger sidewall, so it won't look quite as stretched. Don't worry about your speedo. I have 255/45-20, and my speedo is actually more accurate than it was with the OEM goodyears. It's only off by 1mph at 80mph, whereas the stock Goodyears were off by 3mph at the same speed.

Reactions: mftpdx