Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Induction or Uberturbine Wheels on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where is the info about load ratings for Y wheels? X vs Y is only about 600lbs apart...3-4 people in a Y will will put it at the same weight as an X. That's basically saying a 7 seater Y isn't safe to run it's own stock wheels based on weight.

Apparently no ones heard of wheel adapters lol. I'm running 4x100 to 5x120 25mm adapters on an E30 BMW, 8mm spacers on an MR2 and 35mm spacers on an X5M...ZERO issues on any of them for years.

Because I got these 21's for $500 with only 1k of use and adapters are $250 vs buying TSportline knockoffs for $3k-$5k alone without tires. There's a whole aftermarket world out there because sometimes stock specs don't always work or aren't aesthetically pleasing...the same reason I'm running spacers for better fitment on my other vehicles.

Because I got these 21's for $500 with only 1k of use and adapters are $250 vs buying TSportline knockoffs for $3k-$5k alone without tires. There's a whole aftermarket world out there because sometimes stock specs don't always work or aren't aesthetically pleasing...the same reason I'm running spacers for better fitment on my other vehicles.
but you also arent OP, which hasnt mentioned whether or not they had existing wheels to use

And the OP hasn't responded even though this threads two years old and that person was active today.

Nevertheless, what's me not being the OP have to do with anything? I'm still trying to find a concrete answer other than bolt pattern because that's a non-issue with adapters. Have you tried running them are simply replying to promote someone else's products?

And the OP hasn't responded even though this threads two years old and that person was active today.

Nevertheless, what's me not being the OP have to do with anything? I'm still trying to find a concrete answer other than bolt pattern because that's a non-issue with adapters. Have you tried running them are simply replying to promote someone else's products?
Apologies, I did make this post a long time ago and since then I’ve found that the bolt patterns were different. I ended up going with a set of Avant Garde wheels that were spec’d for the X. I had no idea about the load ratings for those Y wheels so I never chimed in.

Reactions: m5james
You seem so sure it’s not a problem, I guess I don’t know what you are looking for? Just run it when you get the car and see what happens and report back. Seems like you are going to be a trailblazer for this.

That's the plan, I just figured I can't be the only one who's tried beyond worrying about bolt patterns. A few have adamantly said it can't be done, as if they're speaking from experience as they paint a picture of me careening off a cliff for running them, but I haven't seen a concrete why before proceeding when asked to show proof beyond opinions. We shall see but I'm confident from my current experience with spacers/adapters that there's no reason why it won't work.

Other than they're made in China (shocker) and their width/offsets, there's plenty of other random stuff on the backside the spokes. Which one are you asking about in particular?

Some type of testing or certification that you could try to cross reference. Sometimes they show a load rating. At least that's what I learned about for my aftermarket wheels.

That's the plan, I just figured I can't be the only one who's tried beyond worrying about bolt patterns. A few have adamantly said it can't be done, as if they're speaking from experience as they paint a picture of me careening off a cliff for running them, but I haven't seen a concrete why before proceeding when asked to show proof beyond opinions. We shall see but I'm confident from my current experience with spacers/adapters that there's no reason why it won't work.
Do you have an eta on when you'd try this set up out? I am also interested in doing it as I have no problems running spacers.