Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Induction rim curb rash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Y'all warned me and I didn't listen. Already scrapped up my front passenger rim trying to turn to park after someone parked in my driveway.
Ugh I feel like an idiot.
Time to start googling for solutions

Ouch. I hope it wasn't too bad. I've had to get rims repaired before and have been impressed with various shops ability to fix them so there is hope. I've also seen plastic wheel bands that protect the rim but have no experience with them myself.

Y'all warned me and I didn't listen. Already scrapped up my front passenger rim trying to turn to park after someone parked in my driveway.
Ugh I feel like an idiot.
Time to start googling for solutions
Sorry bud, it’s never fun when that happens. I’ve seen these “plastic ring” thingies that people have been putting on their wheels. Have you given those a thought?

Ouch. I hope it wasn't too bad. I've had to get rims repaired before and have been impressed with various shops ability to fix them so there is hope. I've also seen plastic wheel bands that protect the rim but have no experience with them myself.

Tried them all and they stink. The bands can do damage to the rim's finish over time, and they transfer the damage to the rim when you hit a curb, plus you now need to spend the time and money to replace the band after repairing the wheel damage that they didn't prevent. And to top it off, sometime they come off while driving and become a wild whip that damages your paint.

I have some but didn't put it on. yet. Going to get it wrapped and coated and it also requires not driving over 50mph for 24 hours - which i haven't done since I got it :D
plus the other worries kind of keep me from being 100% sure it's the solution I want to use