Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Induction Stoves

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kids got this wok for their mom for Mother's Day and it works great on our induction cooktop. Good heat retention and easy to clean.

71athX+JjyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08723XZLR
51JKre+6KDL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08723XZLR

Kids got this wok for their mom for Mother's Day and it works great on our induction cooktop. Good heat retention and easy to clean.
A good complement to an induction cooktop as a fryer oven.

I have a 5 quart made by Gourmia, it is not available but a very similar model is this
$60 Oster DiamondForce Nonstick XL 5qt Digital Air Fryer

Air Fryer .jpg
This model is a little bit cumbersome and takes some room on your counter, but is is very light so you can easily store it.
There are smaller models, but I would recommend getting the larger size, as you can cook a full chicken.
The cooking result would be similar to using a deep fry oven by it would be healthier with a dry crust and a moist center.

Last edited:
I kind of want to shift this topic back to stoves/ranges if we can.

After much debate I decided that going with a stove with an induction top was the proper solution for us versus the induction hot plates. To that end, I picked up a used Electrolux Induction stove with double oven for cheap last week. Got it hooked up and it's throwing an E35 error code and the induction top isn't functional. In the process of debating if I should attempt to fix (cursory search shows it could get expensive quickly) or sell and use the proceeds from that and our existing stove to buy a new(er) induction from one of the higher volume manufacturers. Sounds like GE, Frigidaire and Samsung are the big players in that middle tier range currently. We have Frigidaire appliances currently (and a Bosch dishwasher) so that would be the preferred but I'm not beholden to a brand these days and would rather buy whatever is best for that particular appliance these days... hence the Bosch dishwasher.

Can people with first-hand experience chime in on their stove or maybe their experience with others to help me narrow down my search? I'd rather not spend $3k but it sure seems like the ones that have the features I would like to see in our next stove are well north of that price point. Samsung seems to offer a lot of bang-for-the-buck but I've heard horror stories about their appliances failing a year or two outside of warranty and zero assistance from the factory in remedying the issue. A quick browse through reviews on the range/stove seems to prove out that trend.

Thoughts?

• Love
Reactions: scottf200

After much debate I decided that going with a stove with an induction top was the proper solution for us versus the induction hot plates. To that end, I picked up a used Electrolux Induction stove with double oven for cheap last week. Got it hooked up and it's throwing an E35 error code and the induction top isn't functional. In the process of debating if I should attempt to fix (cursory search shows it could get expensive quickly) or sell and use the proceeds from that and our existing stove to buy a new(er) induction from one of the higher volume manufacturers. Sounds like GE, Frigidaire and Samsung are the big players in that middle tier range currently. We have Frigidaire appliances currently (and a Bosch dishwasher) so that would be the preferred but I'm not beholden to a brand these days and would rather buy whatever is best for that particular appliance these days... hence the Bosch dishwasher.

Can people with first-hand experience chime in on their stove or maybe their experience with others to help me narrow down my search? I'd rather not spend $3k but it sure seems like the ones that have the features I would like to see in our next stove are well north of that price point. Samsung seems to offer a lot of bang-for-the-buck but I've heard horror stories about their appliances failing a year or two outside of warranty and zero assistance from the factory in remedying the issue. A quick browse through reviews on the range/stove seems to prove out that trend.

Thoughts?
Our first Samsung induction range lasted about 15 minutes before making a loud pop and flipping the circuit breaker. Instead of getting it repaired, we returned it for a new one. It worked fine for a month before having a problem with one of the induction elements (?). We had it fixed under warranty and haven't had any issues with the induction cooktop for the past 10+ years. The fans for the convection oven stopped working a couple years ago but we found replacement fans online for less than $70. We swapped them out ourselves and the new ones are working great.

We own two Samsung refrigerators and never had a problem with them.

We've owned two Samsung dishwashers. The first one only lasted a couple years before the plastic pieces on the inside self-destructed and kept clogging the drain line. We went to Kenmore for a few years before buying a new, ultra-quiet Samsung. The current Samsung dishwasher is working fine and doesn't appear to have the cheaper components that were in our first Samsung dishwasher.

We've owned two Samsung microwaves. The first one was a convection microwave and still worked fine after 12 years except the display was getting dimmer and more difficult to read. Since we now use a Ninja air fryer for preparing smaller dishes, we replaced the convection microwave with a cheaper regular Samsung microwave.

Reactions: Ostrichsak

Thoughts?
Thanks for getting the thread back on topic.

Here is a good site with filters (size, features, price, rebates, warming draw, etc):
Induction:
I can't help you with 1st hand experience as we are planning a new home and planning the switch to induction (from gas). Based on features (color, warming drawer, size, etc) we are current planning on going with this GE CAFE model. Expensive I know but I don't mind spending money on things that would get used almost daily and make your life easier. It seems like a comment 'cents' thing.

Reactions: Ostrichsak
I have an induction design suggestion for a new kitchen: Buy a separate cooktop and oven. The cooktop can still be installed over the oven like a range.

Glass cooktop can be scratched. The cooktop is more likely to need replacement than the oven.

I have Bosch induction. I rate it pretty good. It's hard no know when the pan is properly centered.

I have an induction design suggestion for a new kitchen: Buy a separate cooktop and oven. The cooktop can still be installed over the oven like a range.

Glass cooktop can be scratched. The cooktop is more likely to need replacement than the oven.

I have Bosch induction. I rate it pretty good. It's hard no know when the pan is properly centered.
I went for the çooktop plus wall oven as well (2017 remodel). Been very happy. The big problems with a range are 1) bending over to use the oven, 2) multi task machines are always much better at one of the tasks, so separate means you can get the best of both. Oh, and if one needs service, you will still be able to cook.

We installed a GE Cafe induction range in our new house. We've been using it for about a month and really like it it works well. It has two burners that you can link together for grilling. I also like the fact that it has knobs rather than buttons for temperature control. We also heard bad things about the Samsung but it's hard to tell if that's just random information.
The oven is a convection oven of course and it works well. It also has a warming drawer underneath which we really like.

We installed a GE Cafe induction range in our new house. We've been using it for about a month and really like it it works well. It has two burners that you can link together for grilling. I also like the fact that it has knobs rather than buttons for temperature control. We also heard bad things about the Samsung but it's hard to tell if that's just random information.
The oven is a convection oven of course and it works well. It also has a warming drawer underneath which we really like.
Loved that info. Is sounds like the one we were thinking of getting for our future house? https://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/CHS900P3MD1.html

Thoughts?
I bought a GE induction range / electric oven about five years ago and haven't had a single issue with it. Good stove and well south of the $3k price point.

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller