Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Induction - Tesla Control App for Android and Android Wear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried installing this again just now and both turning on AC and turning on camp mode does not keep air on even if i lower the set temp thru the app.. all it did was go on for a second then off again, repeated a few times and then stayed off. It still says camp mode running. I gave it enough chances for a paid app, uninstalling for good sorry i will wait till v8.1 and use the cabin overheat protection to customize temp range up to 12 hrs after leaving vehicle, a small range should replocate camp mode when plugged in (or can put in neutral with electric brake if not charging)

Just tested on my device and verified through Tesla app. Camp mode and A/C toggle work perfectly. Do you have the latest version? (0.9731) Also if possible could you let me know what kind of Tesla you have?

I'm moving temp to the dedicated top bar so you can check easily.
They removed the custom percentages for the roof and set it to something else, so I need to do some investigating
Summon should still work, is the command not showing on the main screen, or when you try to start it, it immediately cancels?

You're right, custom percentages open my roof completely. Although I'd be happy with simple vent, open and close roof buttons (why would anyone want exactly 54% open :))

Same for separate buttons for hvac on and off, now with quick start, if the cached truth is on I have to wait for off to appear before I can switch it back on. Maybe try a slider toggle instead of a changing text toggle.

I've never seen summon since quick start update, not once, not even after summoning the car first with the official app (make sure its summon-able basically)

You're right, custom percentages open my roof completely. Although I'd be happy with simple vent, open and close roof buttons (why would anyone want exactly 54% open :))

Same for separate buttons for hvac on and off, now with quick start, if the cached truth is on I have to wait for off to appear before I can switch it back on. Maybe try a slider toggle instead of a changing text toggle.

I've never seen summon since quick start update, not once, not even after summoning the car first with the official app (make sure its summon-able basically)
I'll be changing the roof percentages to common states so it's easier and more intuitive to use. Will investigate using a slider toggle. I'll try to re-add summon for more use cases. I've been cautious with summon since I want to reduce the possibility of an error occurring without the driver in the vehicle.

Expect a major update with these features by the end of the week.

Any more thoughts on an email notification when not plugged in? Could have used this last night.

7lVoiFQ.png

Any more thoughts on an email notification when not plugged in? Could have used this last night.

7lVoiFQ.png
Yep this is done and will be added in the update by the end of the week. However the notification just comes as a notification to the phone, wouldn't be able to send emails since it would mean exposing your data to a backend email server (which I haven't even created). Would you prefer emails?

Yep this is done and will be added in the update by the end of the week. However the notification just comes as a notification to the phone, wouldn't be able to send emails since it would mean exposing your data to a backend email server (which I haven't even created). Would you prefer emails?
Does the app current run background process(es)? Doesn't it need to do that to send out notifications?

The Tesla app has a 'notifications' screen that allows you to pick what notifications you want. How are you going to implement this? Will the users be able to control the time that it is checked and a notification is sent. ie. 8pm, 9:30pm, etc?

I think a notification would probably work for me. If I was working on my PC and had put my phone on the charge for the evening, I may not see it. It would be way better than nothing to have the phone notification. I often read the news on tablet in bed before I got to sleep so I presume I would see the notification there.

Does the app current run background process(es)? Doesn't it need to do that to send out notifications?

The Tesla app has a 'notifications' screen that allows you to pick what notifications you want. How are you going to implement this? Will the users be able to control the time that it is checked and a notification is sent. ie. 8pm, 9:30pm, etc?

I think a notification would probably work for me. If I was working on my PC and had put my phone on the charge for the evening, I may not see it. It would be way better than nothing to have the phone notification. I often read the news on tablet in bed before I got to sleep so I presume I would see the notification there.

Yeah, in the app you'll select the time that you want to check if the vehicle is currently charging. When your android system clock hits that time it'll send a broadcast to Induction which will run the check and notify you appropriately. The notification would not sync across devices as that would require a backend service which would need to process your data. However, nothing would stop you from downloading the app to your tablet and setting the check there albeit the unoptimized UI.

Yeah, in the app you'll select the time that you want to check if the vehicle is currently charging. When your android system clock hits that time it'll send a broadcast to Induction which will run the check and notify you appropriately. The notification would not sync across devices as that would require a backend service which would need to process your data. However, nothing would stop you from downloading the app to your tablet and setting the check there albeit the unoptimized UI.
Sorry for the confusion. I had already thought I would have to be running the app on my tablet.
Still not clear if you already were using background process(es)? I mean the time I specify in Induction is being watched for right so using cycles? Maybe it is small and doesn't matter. I'm usually pretty cautious about apps pushing notifications (news, offerup, pandora, etc, etc ... every app wants to be in your face with notifications and I worry they slow my device down). I'm OK with Induction using some cycles but wanted to know if this new feature is something new as far as NOW it will require induction to be a background process and before it wasn't.

Re: Should default to white when in dark mode, will look into it.
FTI, This is still broke as far as I know

Also can you add some real information to What's new instead of 'one step closer to no bugs'. At least mention the big items done.

Sorry for the confusion. I had already thought I would have to be running the app on my tablet.
Still not clear if you already were using background process(es)? I mean the time I specify in Induction is being watched for right so using cycles? Maybe it is small and doesn't matter. I'm usually pretty cautious about apps pushing notifications (news, offerup, pandora, etc, etc ... every app wants to be in your face with notifications and I worry they slow my device down). I'm OK with Induction using some cycles but wanted to know if this new feature is something new as far as NOW it will require induction to be a background process and before it wasn't.

Re: Should default to white when in dark mode, will look into it.
FTI, This is still broke as far as I know

Also can you add some real information to What's new instead of 'one step closer to no bugs'. At least mention the big items done.

Induction only ever runs background processes when:
  1. Camping Mode is active
  2. Android Wear Service is active - to confirm commands are received from the watch, and to send notifications to your watch to confirm action was completed.
  3. A summon is being executed
  4. Executing a predictive wake, (around 500 ms)
  5. NEW - Sending a notification for new charging check.
Checkbox fix will be added to the update that is pushed by end of week.
The Google Play Store limits the amount of text that we can add to each update, so I try to limit it to the relevant info for the update that is being pushed. If the update only says "one step closer to no bugs." it means that I only squashed some bugs and didn't release any new features. Do you mean that you want to see a recent history of major updates? I can add a version history log in-app

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Induction only ever runs background processes when:
  1. Camping Mode is active
  2. Android Wear Service is active - to confirm commands are received from the watch, and to send notifications to your watch to confirm action was completed.
  3. A summon is being executed
  4. Executing a predictive wake, (around 500 ms)
  5. NEW - Sending a notification for new charging check.
Checkbox fix will be added to the update that is pushed by end of week.
The Google Play Store limits the amount of text that we can add to each update, so I try to limit it to the relevant info for the update that is being pushed. If the update only says "one step closer to no bugs." it means that I only squashed some bugs and didn't release any new features. Do you mean that you want to see a recent history of major updates? I can add a version history log in-app

Thanks much for the clarification on the background processes. Those make sense.

The version history log would be great. Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.