Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Induction - Tesla Control App for Android and Android Wear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
icon96.png

Download Here
I became tired of seeing iOS and Apple Watch receive all the love, so a friend and I decided to bring us Android users the attention we deserve!

In addition to basic controls, Induction's unique features currently include:
  • Faster connection to your car
  • Android Wear integration *
  • Voice commands through Wear
  • AI-assisted Predictive Waking **
  • Light and Dark UI
  • Full panoramic roof extension
  • In-app representation of your unique car
  • Multiple range estimations
  • Individual driver/passenger temperature control
  • Camping mode - keep the AC on through the night!
* Fully functional, though UI is under development.
** When enabled, Induction's predictive AI will take note of your usage habits and begin to wake your car when it thinks you're likely to begin interaction.

Security: Login credentials are never stored in plain text and are encrypted using AES 128, CBC, and PKCS5 padding. This app only communicates with Tesla's official servers over HTTPS.

This is only the beginning of Induction. Please let me know if you have any feedback of any kind! Criticisms, compliments, feature requests - let us know how to make this an app that best represents our community!

I totally understand - part of the reason we're Tesla fans is because we want to know everything we can about the car, right? Same goes for our apps. Here's every main screen in the phone app, taken while connected to my 85D:

Screenshot_2016-10-01-18-22-46.png Screenshot_2016-10-01-18-26-24.png Screenshot_2016-10-01-18-26-34.png Screenshot_2016-10-01-18-23-03.png Screenshot_2016-10-01-18-23-33.png Screenshot_2016-10-01-18-23-49.png Screenshot_2016-10-01-18-32-11.png

And the current watch UI on my Moto 360:

20161001_183025.jpg 20161001_182912.jpg

It's currently a barebones UI while we develop a more fleshed-out and appealing release version (Developing for Wear is MUCH harder than you may think). Clicking the mic allows you to send voice commands to your car (Voice command list pictured above), while clicking "More" brings you to a list of button commands. Since I'm sure no one wants to see a long list of images, here's the list of commands:

-Wake up car
-Reset valet PIN
-Open charge port
-Charge Limit: Standard
-Charge Limit: Max
-Start Charging
-Stop Charging
-Flash Lights
-Honk Horn
-Unlock Doors
-Lock Doors
-Start HVAC
-Stop HVAC
-Move Roof
-Remote Start
-Open Trunk
-Summon Forward
-Summon Backward
-Summon Abort
-Ready Car

i just bought it for camping mode since you can't go in neutral while plugged in. Tho in 8.1 I heard we will be able to customize the temp range for the cabin overheat setting that works up to 12 hrs after the car turns off so that may be effective too

It gets stuck loading vehicle info for some reason after logging in, waited several minutes so uninstalling for refund sorry (the normal tesla app has no problem connecting right now).. also why have ads on an app i already paid $7 for?

Last edited:
Reactions: scottf200
Bought it. Was just looking into using an old ipod for the apple version of this software. Will definitely stick with this as it develops as im an android user. I am also getting stuck at "Getting vehicle information" though.

Like mentioned above... This is a paid app... Please remove the ad banner.

There was a single banner present in the connecting screen during alpha, which should have been removed. If it hasn't been already it will be tonight.

As for it getting stuck, would anyone affected by this mind posting a screenshot of what they see while loading? And do you have a pre-Autopilot car?

Last edited:
$7 not a problem if it works. I'm not in the habit of getting app's as a beta man.
But I do buy my cars as a "beta man" hmmmmmmmmmm :)
Only app's on my phone were free yet every month I'm seeing several $1.99 charges on my credit card. Damn kids! :mad:

There was a single banner present in the connecting screen during alpha, which should have been removed. If it hasn't been already it will be tonight.

As for it getting stuck, would anyone affected by this mind posting a screenshot of what they see while loading? And do you have a pre-Autopilot car?

I have a 2015 85D with Autopilot, do not yet have v8.0. I uninstalled so can't take a pic, but once i logged in it did the following:
1. shows a car moving from bottom to top of screen
2. Text at the top says various messages quickly about getting or loading things like climate etc IIRC
3. The last message when the car reached the top is "getting vehicle information..." which stays there for several minutes
4. I tried closing and reopening the app a few times to no avail
5. I also tried using the official Tesla app in case it was a connection issue but had no problem with that
6. So I gave up and uninstalled for refund since I think you have to get refund within a certain amount of time.

I have a 2015 85D with Autopilot, do not yet have v8.0. I uninstalled so can't take a pic, but once i logged in it did the following:
1. shows a car moving from bottom to top of screen
2. Text at the top says various messages quickly about getting or loading things like climate etc IIRC
3. The last message when the car reached the top is "getting vehicle information..." which stays there for several minutes
4. I tried closing and reopening the app a few times to no avail
5. I also tried using the official Tesla app in case it was a connection issue but had no problem with that
6. So I gave up and uninstalled for refund since I think you have to get refund within a certain amount of time.
Thanks for the info. Others have reported the issue as well, but they've all been pre-AP cars so it's interesting to hear yours isn't. We've been working on the app all day and have already released something like 7 updates since last night, and other affected people have reported the issue fixed, so it'd be helpful if you could give it another shot and report back.

I would also consider $7 for this app, but it would be great if the developers can avail a trial version (validity 24 or 48h), as it is a new app and many will be reluctant to buy without trying. Keep us updated!!

I concur......especially given some of the issues expressed above about users getting stuck at the screen where they are trying to connect to the car. The main reason why I would consider switching from the official app is the lag time for the official app to connect to the car.

I concur......especially given some of the issues expressed above about users getting stuck at the screen where they are trying to connect to the car. The main reason why I would consider switching from the official app is the lag time for the official app to connect to the car.
The Google Play store offers a refund within 48 hours. And BTW the ads have disappeared as promised.

Reactions: Casey_S
The issue should be worked out considering we altered the way the vehicle information is loaded in the latest update - we've released another few even since my last posting. Everyone previously affected should make sure they're on the absolutely latest version (0.967 as of this post).

Unfortunately it's just Vivek and I doing all the debugging on my 85D - we don't have a varied fleet to test with - so bugs like this will pop up at launch as we encounter new configurations. Fortunately our small team size also means we can react to bugs swiftly so we'll be grinding until it's squashed.

The issue should be worked out considering we altered the way the vehicle information is loaded in the latest update - we've released another few even since my last posting. Everyone previously affected should make sure they're on the absolutely latest version (0.967 as of this post).

Unfortunately it's just Vivek and I doing all the debugging on my 85D - we don't have a varied fleet to test with - so bugs like this will pop up at launch as we encounter new configurations. Fortunately our small team size also means we can react to bugs swiftly so we'll be grinding until it's squashed.

I just tried installing the latest version and again it gets stuck loading vehicle info. Uninstalled for refund again.

Status
Not open for further replies.