Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Induction - Tesla Control App for Android and Android Wear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, everything's been tested countless times over mobile. The silent majority of users actually aren't experiencing this issue. Not to minimize the bummer it is for those who experience it, but it isn't as big a risk as it may seem for anyone watching on the sideline.

For those that still experience it and have updated: can you try totally clearing the app's cache and stored data, and posting a screenshot of what it looks like when hung? Do you remove focus from the app at any time during loading?

This is the screen it is hanging on. I let it sit here for a good 5 minutes without letting the screen sleep or going away from the app. I cleared data and cache first.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161003-011420.png
    Screenshot_20161003-011420.png
    100.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Informative
Reactions: Casey_S
Maybe worth checking what phone people have too.. I have Samsung S7 Edge.

Also perhaps you can make a free version with no features that just tries to connect so that we can make sure the connection works before buying the full version.. its annoying to have to uninstall for refund every time since it doesnt work yet.

• Helpful
Reactions: jvonbokel
Maybe worth checking what phone people have too.. I have Samsung S7 Edge.

Also perhaps you can make a free version with no features that just tries to connect so that we can make sure the connection works before buying the full version.. its annoying to have to uninstall for refund every time since it doesnt work yet.
I doubt it has to do with the type of phone (I'm on an S6E so I imagine an S7E would be fine), though it could be useful to know. And fwiw, the refund period is within 48 hours after purchase, so don't feel pressured to return it immediately after trying. I really appreciate your patience though. It's users like you that report problems that really help devs expedite the debug process.

We're going to release a new update soon that drastically simplifies the initial loading process in an attempt to narrow down the potential cause of the issue.

Add me to the list. I'm stuck at the getting vehicle information screen. 2016 70D with AP. Galaxy S7 edge.

Sorry guys, but this isn't a "loud minority" problem.

BTW, I noticed that the app does not have any permissions, so I manually granted storage and location permission. Doesn't help either, but you might want to look into permission handling anyway.

Last edited:
Add me to the list. I'm stuck at the getting vehicle information screen. 2016 70D with AP. Galaxy S7 edge.

Sorry guys, but this isn't a "loud minority" problem.

BTW, I noticed that the app does not have any permissions, so I manually granted storage and location permission. Doesn't help either, but you might want to look into permission handling anyway.

Interesting, that makes two S7E culprits. Could anyone else affected also give a basic rundown of their car specs? Model, options, color, etc. It may have to do with assigning the car sprite upon first login.

Really not trying to sound stand-offish but we're getting plenty of emails to the dev account and messages by people that are enjoying it and want to help with development, and very few bug based returns relative to purchases. Just a bit of an echo chamber effect in the thread due to the bug, which is totally fine - if we weren't told about it we couldn't fix it!

As far as permissions, that's more a question for Vivek, but afaik we shouldn't need anything special. Location services like directions to your car are handled through Google Maps, and we don't store anything beyond the initial install and assigning your car sprite to cache.

Last edited:
Yes, body color roof.

{"response":{"api_version":3,"autopark_state":"ready","autopark_state_v2":"ready","autopark_style":"standard","calendar_supported":true,"car_type":"s","car_version":"2.36.108","center_display_state":0,"dark_rims":false,"df":0,"dr":0,"exterior_color":"White","ft":0,"has_spoiler":false,"homelink_nearby":true,"last_autopark_error":"no_error","locked":true,"notifications_supported":true,"odometer":6217.741482,"parsed_calendar_supported":true,"perf_config":"P3","pf":0,"pr":0,"rear_seat_heaters":0,"rear_seat_type":0,"remote_start":false,"remote_start_supported":true,"rhd":false,"roof_color":"Colored","rt":0,"seat_type":0,"spoiler_type":"None","sun_roof_installed":0,"sun_roof_percent_open":null,"sun_roof_state":"unknown","third_row_seats":"None","valet_mode":false,"vehicle_name":"xxxx","wheel_type":"Base19"}}

I doubt it has to do with the type of phone (I'm on an S6E so I imagine an S7E would be fine), though it could be useful to know. And fwiw, the refund period is within 48 hours after purchase, so don't feel pressured to return it immediately after trying. I really appreciate your patience though. It's users like you that report problems that really help devs expedite the debug process.

We're going to release a new update soon that drastically simplifies the initial loading process in an attempt to narrow down the potential cause of the issue.

Can you let us know when this "new update" is released? I think I will wait until that new update is released to get the app. Thx

OK I downloaded the app tonight and it works fine for me except for one small issue.
When looking at the charging info the amps rate is incorrect. At home I charge at 48 amps (verified via Tesla app) but the Induction app shows either 30 or 31 amps. I've seen it state both.

App version 0.967
Vehicle S70D early refresh w/Pano.
Phone Note 5 on AT&T running Marshmallow.

Thanks,

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Casey_S
Yes, body color roof.

{"response":{"api_version":3,"autopark_state":"ready","autopark_state_v2":"ready","autopark_style":"standard","calendar_supported":true,"car_type":"s","car_version":"2.36.108","center_display_state":0,"dark_rims":false,"df":0,"dr":0,"exterior_color":"White","ft":0,"has_spoiler":false,"homelink_nearby":true,"last_autopark_error":"no_error","locked":true,"notifications_supported":true,"odometer":6217.741482,"parsed_calendar_supported":true,"perf_config":"P3","pf":0,"pr":0,"rear_seat_heaters":0,"rear_seat_type":0,"remote_start":false,"remote_start_supported":true,"rhd":false,"roof_color":"Colored","rt":0,"seat_type":0,"spoiler_type":"None","sun_roof_installed":0,"sun_roof_percent_open":null,"sun_roof_state":"unknown","third_row_seats":"None","valet_mode":false,"vehicle_name":"xxxx","wheel_type":"Base19"}}

Hey thanks for posting you API response. It allowed us to narrow down a possible cause of the bug. Also, we don't need any location or storage permission at this time. We're not accessing your location, nor storing any files on your device.

Reactions: scottf200
Status
Not open for further replies.