Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Induction - Tesla Control App for Android and Android Wear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And to log out afterward.

Screenshot_2016-10-10-13-09-33.png

Ran into a problem with the app today. The car was charged beyond the standard charge range. I switched it to standard charge and it kind of freaked out and kept bouncing between standard and Max charge. It kept triggering a new charge over and over again.

Also, the current data when charging is incorrect. It is showing that I'm charging at 19 amps when I'm actually charging at 40 amps. Confirmed with the Tesla app.

Ran into a problem with the app today. The car was charged beyond the standard charge range. I switched it to standard charge and it kind of freaked out and kept bouncing between standard and Max charge. It kept triggering a new charge over and over again.

Also, the current data when charging is incorrect. It is showing that I'm charging at 19 amps when I'm actually charging at 40 amps. Confirmed with the Tesla app.

Thanks for the bug report, we'll investigate ASAP. In any case, we'll be changing the charge limit mechanism so you can set it to any custom charge limit.

We know of the bug about the amps and will push a fix in a later update!

Hmm the HVAC to LO bug should be fixed, but I'll look into it.
ROOF - has always worked previously but could be changes to the API, will look into.
Ok, figured it out (for my car). I think you need to change your API call from query parameters in url to parameters in POST body.

Basically, this is LO
curl -XPOST 'https://owner-api.teslamotors.com/api/1/vehicles/vehicle_id/command/set_temps?driver_temp=22&passenger_temp=22'
and this works
curl --data 'driver_temp=22&passenger_temp=22' -XPOST https://owner-api.teslamotors.com/api/1/vehicles/vehicle_id/command/set_temps

Same for roof (and probably might as well change it for all POSTs) (invalid state requested vs roof opening)

SUMMON, not sure yet. I'll do some tests

Feature reqs
HVAC - interesting, some people appreciate the fine-tuning so need to find a way to balance both.

Maybe just handle it like the car does, add a 'sync temps' toggle :)

The check boxes are really hard to see on my phone. Darker than the below would indicate on a PC browser. My LG 3 is using auto-display-brightness.

I don't really understand from a UI perspective you are making them black on a dark grey background?

BW3psn8.png

Sorry about the delay in pushing a solid update. Handling family issues. Will push a hotfix for A/C tonight.

Thanks just got it, will check soon. As for some updates. IS there any way we can see the interior temp on the same screen as the controls? I don't want to junk thinks up but I want to know what the temp is inside the car before I decide to start HVAC.

Also the slider for the roof is almost invisible when using the dark UI.

I had a few issues last night trying to connect and close the roof. I used this app to do it but it never communicated and I used the official app to check. No communication error or anything. I do not have quick connect on.

IS there any way we can see the interior temp on the same screen as the controls? I don't want to junk thinks up but I want to know what the temp is inside the car before I decide to start HVAC

I had a few issues last night trying to connect and close the roof. I used this app to do it but it never communicated and I used the official app to check. No communication error or anything. I do not have quick connect on.

Agree about the temp thing

And roof controls don't work, which is strange because hvac didn't work for the same reason. Assumed it would be pushed along with the hotfix.

Summon also stopped working, but I think that'll come with the substantial update

Agree about the temp thing

And roof controls don't work, which is strange because hvac didn't work for the same reason. Assumed it would be pushed along with the hotfix.

Summon also stopped working, but I think that'll come with the substantial update

I'm moving temp to the dedicated top bar so you can check easily.
They removed the custom percentages for the roof and set it to something else, so I need to do some investigating
Summon should still work, is the command not showing on the main screen, or when you try to start it, it immediately cancels?

I tried installing this again just now and both turning on AC and turning on camp mode does not keep air on even if i lower the set temp thru the app.. all it did was go on for a second then off again, repeated a few times and then stayed off. It still says camp mode running. I gave it enough chances for a paid app, uninstalling for good sorry i will wait till v8.1 and use the cabin overheat protection to customize temp range up to 12 hrs after leaving vehicle, a small range should replocate camp mode when plugged in (or can put in neutral with electric brake if not charging)

Status
Not open for further replies.