Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Induction wheels increase post order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning to all, I placed an order online yesterday for my wife's MY LR. The only additional options were the induction wheels which were a $1,000 upgrade. This morning, I logged into our account and it's at the "Prepare for delivery" state. I reviewed the order agreement and the induction wheel upgrade seems to have doubled to $2,000. Do I have any grounds to contest this price change since it happened after we placed our order? Thanks in advance.

Good morning to all, I placed an order online yesterday for my wife's MY LR. The only additional options were the induction wheels which were a $1,000 upgrade. This morning, I logged into our account and it's at the "Prepare for delivery" state. I reviewed the order agreement and the induction wheel upgrade seems to have doubled to $2,000. Do I have any grounds to contest this price change since it happened after we placed our order? Thanks in advance.
I believe that they were always $2000 extra, at least when I ordered on 4/13, they were a $2000 option..

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
I believe that they were always $2000 extra, at least when I ordered on 4/13, they were a $2000 option..
That's the thing, with Tesla the prices are always fluctuating. I'm certain they were a $1,000 upgrade yesterday and the days prior. I waited just a few days prior to placing the order yesterday and got hit with the $500 price increase on the vehicle itself which I was expecting as it was shown prior to placing the order. However, not the wheels. I'll give them a call later today since I haven't been assigned anyone yet. Thx