Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inductive (Wireless) Phone Charging in Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to post another way to charge wireless in the Model X, it might also work in the Model S.

The new Pixel Stand from Google fits in the center console like it was made to fit. It needs to be plugged in USB type C to USB type C or it will not work, so a Type C lighter adapter is needed, no big deal Amazon has them.

Can be installed with no modifications. It works perfectly and charges at the full 10W quick charge rate, at least on the Pixel phones. The charger will charge any phone with wireless charging capability.

Attachments

• IMG_20181025_100506.jpg
    IMG_20181025_100506.jpg
    545.6 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_20181025_100557.jpg
    IMG_20181025_100557.jpg
    465.2 KB · Views: 243
I bought a really small circular wireless charger from amazon and stuck it to fold out section of the console where the lines are and just rest my phone against that. Works pretty well but the phone does fall off every now and then when I accelerate fast.

• Funny
Reactions: spectrum
Very cool! Thanks for the tip. Still looking for an easy solution to add wireless charging at the quick connection dock (without having to disassemble the console), but your solution is way better than those large inserts that block both adjustable cup holders.