TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Inexpensive embroidered T's for carpets

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by artsci, Aug 22, 2013.

1. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I've had the Llyod's Luxe mats in parchment (tan) since my car was delivered in early May. I had hand-painted the Tesla logo on them but I was not happy with the results. And searches for shops that could embroider carpets proved fruitless. So I found another approach. I discovered a shop in LA that could make make up some embroidered badges in red for the carpets. So I sent them a copy of the Tesla T and had them make 6, enough for all the mats in my car, frunk and trunk included. I installed them by tracing the pattern on the carpet, using a soldering pencil to burn away the pile within the pattern, then using some hot glue to attach them. They're a modest size so they don't scream for attention. The shop is The Studio. To avoid violating Tesla's IP you have to send a copy of the logo and order them for yourself. The Studio cannot mass market these but if you're interested ask for Jose Gray. He's the one who helped me.

Here are a few photos of the results:

_DSC3875.JPG

_DSC3876.JPG

_DSC3877.JPG

_DSC3878.JPG

2. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

Tan carpets? How do you keep them clean? Lol mine would end up being black from dirt and mud so I just keep the black mats ...

Cool idea btw for the logos.

3. artsci

artsci Sponsor

#3 artsci, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    Actually keeping them clean has been much easier than I thought. I vacuum and brush them about once every week or two.

4. Jason

Jason Member

Have to ask about your picture - what is on the door toward the front below the door handle...

5. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Holders for my glasses prescription sunglasses and night driving glasses . They're made by BMW but i've hidden the logo:) Velcro'd to the door panel there. A perfect place with very easy and relatively safe access while driving.

6. Reekdog

Reekdog Member

7. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I think the only way to do this would be glue-on affair which will look "glued on" and tacky IMHO.

8. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

Been thinking about getting those mats for my newbie. Are they easily removable for shampooing, and replaceable? Do you have same or different mats in the rear upper and lower areas? Thanks.

9. Reekdog

Reekdog Member

Yeah, thats what I'm thinking too. I Reached out to Sig O o see how he did, I'll post the response here when he does. Thanks for the input.