Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inexpensive MS console in black with a black cover is back in stock on eBay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I appreciate the feedback but I think I'll keep the order. I want to see it up close. Also it seems to be made in very small batches. 6 or so at a time become available so maybe the process gets better.

For $50 I'll risk it and send back if I don't like it.

ehhh maybe, it not near the quality you would expect. Its an injection molded replacement piece intended for another make an model of car. I viewed it as a stop gap until i could get the Tesla one in Obeche Matte. Now that's not going to happen at all I'm looking at the CCI one.

For what you spend for the car I doubt you will be happy with what this is.

honest it looks like it was a replacement part for another car. that they said fits in the S. wasn't impressed with the quality myself. Id be interested to hear others opinion of it

Because it is. Here it is : Amazon.com: TSI Products 54215 Clutter Catcher Grey OEM Look Minivan Console: Automotive

I did this DIY project 2 years ago before going on a road trip. It seems it would be easier today, as the sides seems to be seperate from the main body.
You still need to remove the top part which can be used for a removeable backseat cup holder for kids, and either cut or remove the sides so the height will fit under the screen.
I left the sides and they fit snuggly between the floor rails.

Frankly, it is cheap plastic and worth no more than the 40$ Amazon is asking for and not worhty of the car but makes for a convenient solution when going on long trips.

P.S. you can probably check the quality yourself at your local mega store : Minivan Console, Grey - Walmart.com

Because it is. Here it is : Amazon.com: TSI Products 54215 Clutter Catcher Grey OEM Look Minivan Console: Automotive

I did this DIY project 2 years ago before going on a road trip. It seems it would be easier today, as the sides seems to be seperate from the main body.
You still need to remove the top part which can be used for a removeable backseat cup holder for kids, and either cut or remove the sides so the height will fit under the screen.

Frankly, it is cheap plastic and worth no more than the 40$ Amazon is asking for and not worhty of the car but makes for a convenient solution when going on long trips.

P.S. you can probably check the quality yourself at your local mega store : Minivan Console, Grey - Walmart.com

You only get the black portion, not the grey and its cheaper on amazon, so buy it there.

It's not the same one..

Look at the photos closely.

This is the one from eBay

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODk4WDE2MDA=/z/rI0AAOSw2s1U1ytm/$_57.JPG

This one is from amazon

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81Y%2BYCv%2BpKL._SL1500_.jpg

Look at the top right portion of the console box itself. The one from amazon is round and slopes down. The one from ebay is rectangular. The rest does look the same or very similar but take a look at the video on eBay. It seems to click in somehow at 0:06sec.

It's not the same one..

Look at the top right portion of the console box itself. The one from amazon is round and slopes down. The one from ebay is rectangular. The rest does look the same or very similar but take a look at the video on eBay. It seems to click in somehow at 0:06sec.

Yes, they are. It simply is because it was cut off. There is a section of about 2 inches after the deep storage box, that needs to be cut off so it will fit under the screen.
And the seller even mentions the same problem I have with the cover not being able to slide more than 2 inches, under the screen.

I took photos when I did this, I will try to look them up.

And you can do better on your own by buying the full black version that is still avaialbe for sale on Amazon :
Amazon.com: TSI Products 54211 Clutter Catcher Black OEM Look Minivan Console: Automotive

Then you can keep the sides and it looks much better that what the seller does, but takes more time to do.