Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inexpensive window tint shop in Bay Area (SF)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well... not exactly Bay Area. Vacaville.
Found a pretty inexpensive shop w pretty good workmanship near my work . High Yelp rating. Shop is called Protective Window Films. Got mine done with one piece rear, front and back sides for around $380. Back three would have been low $300. Also got my wife's MS for less than $200. They use Suntek carbon. They do offer premium materials but I didn't want to spend extra for IR. Seems unnecessary. Instead, I did every windows except front windshield. Definitely makes car look sharp. Very sharp. Bottom pic is before tint.
Anyways, if you don't want to spend crazy amount of money on tint, check them out.

Z3RhOJ6mT7upTNOJN+4zmg.jpg
dbvkXESLSwuE++fOXUBYnQ.jpg
YFi%svX7SK2rpzNe8e2KmA.jpg
e99ZBHKbSKCARVeTI63U0A.jpg

From Jimmy at Window Tinting & Auto Glass - The Streetz Motorsports located in Manteca, CA About the same price quoted by RyanS. Lifetime warranty Ceramic Tint. For some reason it looks really dark in picture. 70% windshield 20%sides 35% one piece back.

f020dfd8-06e4-4052-b70b-35eea1e03091
If I understand correctly, the white car got the windshield tinted and the Red car did not tint the windshield. But the Manteca shop charged about the same as the Vacaville shop? In short, the Manteca shop charged about the same as the Vacaville shop, but included tinting the windshield? My apologies if I misunderstood.

If I understand correctly, the white car got the windshield tinted and the Red car did not tint the windshield. But the Manteca shop charged about the same as the Vacaville shop? In short, the Manteca shop charged about the same as the Vacaville shop, but included tinting the windshield? My apologies if I misunderstood.

Sorry for the confusion. About the same price to get all the sides and one piece rear window. Roughly $380. Windshield alone was about $150 in addition to the $380

Gave this guy a call this morning-- they're booked for a week and a half, but gave me a similar quote ($380) for the rear windshield and side windows. He mentioned $700-720 for ceramic, however.

Going to confirm what % of tint, as he needs to order the film for the rear. He seemed very knowledgeable about the gradient on the TM3 and how it's already pretty dark, so he warned me against darker levels of tint. I was already thinking of going 35% or 40% on the rears, and 70% for the front side windows.

Gave this guy a call this morning-- they're booked for a week and a half, but gave me a similar quote ($380) for the rear windshield and side windows. He mentioned $700-720 for ceramic, however.

Going to confirm what % of tint, as he needs to order the film for the rear. He seemed very knowledgeable about the gradient on the TM3 and how it's already pretty dark, so he warned me against darker levels of tint. I was already thinking of going 35% or 40% on the rears, and 70% for the front side windows.

Just to confirm. Did that $700-720 quote include the pano roof and front windshield?

Just wanted to add a shout out to Transparent Glass Coatings in Soquel (Santa Cruz County). Tint was very affordable, they do Llumar film and I was quoted for the Sides and Rear glass:

FormulaOne Pinnacle $369 (their mid-level ceramic)

They did the tint as well as PPF for me. Unfortunately they didn't have the large roll for the 50% tint I wanted on the rear so I'll be stopping back in later this month.

Just wanted to add a shout out to Transparent Glass Coatings in Soquel (Santa Cruz County). Tint was very affordable, they do Llumar film and I was quoted for the Sides and Rear glass:

FormulaOne Pinnacle $369 (their mid-level ceramic)

They did the tint as well as PPF for me. Unfortunately they didn't have the large roll for the 50% tint I wanted on the rear so I'll be stopping back in later this month.

Are you fricking kidding?? $369 for FormulaOne Pinacle on a Model 3?