Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inexpensive window tint shop in Bay Area (SF)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not bad huh? Since they couldn't do the back window at the time, they didn't charge that part yet. Told me they will charge $129, but probably should be more for the amount of material, but will honor that price for me.

Not bad compared to some peoples $500 quotes for just the rear window. They have good prices on PPF as well, but I believe they only have one guy doing the installations so they have at least a 3 week backlog.

Reactions: MissyMcBee
Rocky Mountain Windowtint - Livermore, CA

This guy did my tint on my TM3 .. Llumar pinnacle 40% for the rear side windows and back window, Llumar AIR 80 for the front side windows for $549

44FCD431-AB12-4A17-BD97-EACF8F18D4F3.jpeg 0D668F28-5ADC-4581-8D96-2307D199533F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Fusion
What type of tint is everyone using recommending? if money wasn't an issue what would you pick?

Xpel's new tint is supposed to be pretty amazing. Product is low right now because of demand so many tinters don't have it in stock - and distributors may be out too. If you're in a big city like LA or SF you'll probably have some luck.

Or 3M's crystalline is always a good bet. My issue with it is it didn't have the exact hue I was looking for. I actually ended up going with an off brand (but still very good) film called Express by Global.

I had my BMW wrapped at Rocky Mountain 10 years ago and the tint still looks great. Back then I got it during a group buy. Has anyone tried setting one up or would be interested? Looks like the SoCal folks have been successful with it.

Unbelievable. 30 years ago, a tinting job was about $120. Last one I did was on my 2016 honda Odyssey 3 years ago for $200. I never gave it a shxt what film or what features as long as it is as dark as I want. Now they come up with all the gimmicks and they could charge up to $600 - $700 and you guys are still happy to pay?? This market is becoming very lucrative and the shop I called didn't even have a opening until Dec (4 months from now). Are you kidding me? I need to open a tinting shop now! Are Tesla owners that dumb or it is for all cars?

BTW, what makes Model 3 so difficult to tint? The rear window? Why? Some shops I called did not even want to touch them.

• Love
Reactions: FlatSix911
It’s a huge window requiring an extra big piece of film. And it is an pain to put on.

You can still get non ceramic film for less than $200 for Any car. But ceramic really blocks the heat compared to non ceramic even at the same tint level