TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Infant car seats and two booster car seats in Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by ivengo, Apr 18, 2018.

1. ivengo

ivengo Member

Do you think you can fit one rear facing infant car seat and two booster car seats in the back of the model 3.
    I'm considering getting a Model 3, but I wanted to make sure that such configuration is possible.
    Thanks for insight.

2. N8Howell33

N8Howell33 Member

It’s a tight fit. If you don’t use latch system you might be able to. I have 2 dionos on the outside (both forward facing) and this small booster in middle.

• Informative x 1
  3. Dave Mac

Dave Mac Member

I only need two boosters right now, but just switched to mifold compact boosters, so they will likely allow the infant car seat to fit very easily on the side or in the middle.

After recommendations from other Tesla owners (my Graco boosters were large and the kids had a hard time buckling) I was still unsure how exactly they worked after reading about them on mifold.com. Took a chance, and the kids love them.

Video review:

• Informative x 1
  4. N8Howell33

N8Howell33 Member

I use 2 diono on the outside and the mifold in the middle.

• Like x 1
  5. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Active Member

It sounds like you have a big family and the kids are only going to get bigger and have more stuff.
    maybe a compact car isn't the way to go, think of their comfort too

6. RyanDe

RyanDe Member

I like the idea of the mifold but I don't think I can trust it after reading the Internet.

7. dethman

dethman Member

I think a compact car is not the car you should be looking for.

8. Fusion

Fusion Member

Seems like a compromise on safety from what I'm seeing also. Anyone else know more about this item?

9. Dave Mac

Dave Mac Member

What are you reading? Most of what I have found is FUD based on not a misunderstanding of what boosters actually do. Many people thing LATCH is much safer for boosters when all it really does on a booster is secure the seat when not in use. The seat belt does all of the work as a booster only moves a child up so that the seatbelt fits. Mifold just does this differently.

• Like x 1