Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Infant/Small child safety with Falcon wing doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks,

After doing some preliminary research, I have found that in the case of loss of power, there is a procedure to manually release the falcon wing doors by removing the speaker grill and pulling a manual release cable.

My concern with this solution would be if the vehicle is in an accident and loses power, I don't see how my wife would be able to quickly remove an infant from the back seat. Is there another solution to manually release the doors if you are not seated in the back? It would be great to know how to deal with this situation, before being in this situation.

Thanks for any pointers!

take a look at this discussion on the forums
Dead MX, emergency manual frunk release not functional

I have been concerned about this and there is a good solution that I used. There are release cables behind the speaker grills on both sides, and these have to be pulled to release the FWDs. I followed the instructions by muleferg, and used some tight and then loose brightly colored zip ties that extend and hang out the speaker grills. If there is a power problem, the back seat occupants pull on my yellow zip ties and the doors open.

I will try to post some pictures tomorrow, it is too late tonight

Mike P

Reactions: VikH
here is what I have done to my FWD emergency release cords in the door

IMG_6566.JPG
IMG_6567.JPG
IMG_6566.JPG
IMG_6567.JPG