Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inferior screen problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had problems with interior screen for several month with it going completely black off and on several times,And rear cameras not working to many times to count. My vehicle is a Tesla model S and 75D (2018) I took the vehicle in for repair to Tesla Service center in San Diego and they told me that don't have a fix for my problem and that it's a firmware virus. I never have never accessed any games or internet searches in the car and only use the music streaming search little. Usually use Sirius Radio,or Bluetooth music from Apple music on phone. There fix recommended is to just keep resetting the screen by pressing both wheels on steering wheel. Has anyone else had this problem? And an recommendation to take. Car is still on warranty 40000 miles

you probably have MCU2, but your problems sound like those in MCU1.
Also, try disconnecting all devices connected to USB, reset your trip counters, and go to your browser and set it to a simple website so that it's not continuously trying to load a page (this was supposed to fixed a few years ago, but you never know)
And, if you don't understand the above about MCU 1 vs 2, please google it

Reactions: Wol747
you probably have MCU2, but your problems sound like those in MCU1.
Also, try disconnecting all devices connected to USB, reset your trip counters, and go to your browser and set it to a simple website so that it's not continuously trying to load a page (this was supposed to fixed a few years ago, but you never know)
And, if you don't understand the above about MCU 1 vs 2, please google it
Thank you